Cost Accountant - 5382
Role: Accounting / Finance / Billing / Collections
Relocation Available: No
Suggested Keywords to Search For: cost accountant, cost accounting, Oklahoma City
Town / City: Waverly
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The primary task of accountants, which extends to all the others, is to support accurate preparation and examination financial records. Accountants perform overviews of the financial operations of a business to help it run efficiently.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Make best-practices recommendations to management
• Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues and improve profits
• Provide auditing services for businesses and individuals
• Job Costings – Reconcile Hours worked – calculate efficiencies against paid hours
• Corporate Credit Card management – Summarize Charges for Field personnel, prepare GL entry based on expenses, follow up with users to obtain missing receipts, report on missing items.
• Work-In-Process – reconcile G/L to Epicor system, manage un-booked costs for completed jobs, close jobs after all cost posted.
• Manage Petty Cash for site
• Report to leadership on Cycle Count inventory progress and manage program
• Support purchase to pay cycle and suggest opportunities for improvement
• Support Payroll Site Management
• Calculate allocation for Utilities to tenants.
• Manage Standard Costs for Mobile Equipment and evaluate Purchase Price Variances (PPV)
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
• Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
• Experience with Epicor is a plus as well as mechanical aptitude.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
2. Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred.
3. 3+ years of cost accounting experience.
4. In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
5. Experience with Epicor is a plus.
This exciting opportunity is featured by KLM Careers a division of Absolute Opportunities