Instrumentation and Controls Engineer - 5673
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: No
Suggested Keywords to Search For: instrumentation, controls, power industry, Electrical Engineer, P.E.
Town / City: Warren
Job Type: Permanent full-time
A/E consulting firm is seeking a Professional Instrumentation and Controls Engineer with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering, 5-10 years’ experience as an Instrumentation & Control Engineer in the power industry and a PE license with State of Michigan.
In the role of I&C Engineer your responsibilities:
• Perform design and traditional Consulting and Owners Engineering (OE) services within power generation facilities. Experience in renewables, fossil fired, and storage technologies.
• Have experience with instrumentation and final control elements, distributed and programmable logic control systems, logic diagrams, instrumentation installation details, piping and instrument diagrams, motor control schematics, studies, and cost estimating.
• Participate in I&C system procurement through specifications development, bid evaluation, and factory testing witnessing as needed.
• Conduit analysis related to I&C equipment and systems.
• Establish meetings and participate in reviews with clients on I&C engineering and design issues.
• Lead technical staff in supporting projects and preparing/completing/reviewing deliverables.
• Supports and participates in the development of procedures design standards and standard templates for deliverables (e.g. specifications etc.) used by I&C engineers on projects.
• Must be capable of developing engineering man-hour budgets for work on proposals and managing the budget under the supervision of the section manager and project manager during implementation.
• Knowledge of electrical systems.
• Field experience, including startup and commissioning, experience is desired
• Conduct QA/QC on the work
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
2. 5-10 years of experience as an Instrumentation & Control Engineer in the power industry.
3. PE license.
This exciting opportunity is featured by KLM Careers a division of Absolute Opportunities