Senior Mobile Network System Engineer - RT
Reston, Virginia, United States, 22090
This position is for a Senior Mobile Network System Engineer that interfaces with customers on a regular basis that has technical leadership in a key company project. Key areas of support include site surveys, planning, initial system installations and commissioning, fielded system support and troubleshooting, on-site system consulting, telephone support, and in some cases providing technical support for pre-sales efforts for GSM, UMTS, and LTE network monitoring systems. The successful candidate is expected to work well on their own and within the broader organization. Multi-tasking skills are essential as well as a solid grasp of key communication technologies including Linux, TCP/IP, GSM, UMTS, and LTE. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely customer oriented maintaining excellent working relationships inside the customer community.
· Participate in customer facing meetings to review operational status of deployed systems
· Provide system installation support including; packaging breakout and installation of equipment; create installation drawings/instructions, cable management (to include fiber, coaxial, and twisted pair); initial OS and application software installation; generate as-built documents; initial system configuration and equipment checkout for proper operation including system implementation and troubleshooting support as it relates to GSM, UMTS, and LTE network monitoring system elements.
· Provide ongoing support of installed base of systems; remote and on-site troubleshooting, software and hardware updates
· Travel to customer locations in northern VA area as needed to support deployed systems, lab operations, planning and support meetings
· Provide solution design recommendations; planning and coordinating large and small scale network projects within a multi-vendor infrastructure environment in voice and data telecommunication networks
· Provide multi-level on-site customer training as it pertains to survey, planning, and installing system functionality and system operation
· Locations for equipment installation are OCONUS and require TDY deployments anywhere from two weeks to 30-45 days in duration
· Provide network planning, lab testing, lab support and troubleshooting and system administration support as related to systems deployed in the field or in customer lab facilities
· As availability permits, support sales personnel in pre-sales activities for new business opportunities
· Write how-to’s and knowledge base articles
· Assist with subcontractor development efforts as required
· Occasionally provide 24/7 support
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. Current or recent TS/SCI with polygraph US Government Security Clearance
2. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent technical discipline
3. At least eight (8) years or more of total relevant work experience in an engineering role, with at least five (5) years or more of specialized, relevant technical experience in the areas of telecommunications, systems engineering, systems development, hardware and software development, and/or installation system engineering support.
4. Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and solving problems in complex communications systems
5. Knowledge of GSM, UMTS, and LTE mobile network architectures and protocols
6. Working Experience with Telco infrastructure such as NSS (MSC, HLR, AUC, VLR, EIR), BSS (BTS, BSC, Common Air Interfaces), OSS (Inventory Systems, Customer Care/Billing Systems and gateways to transport information), SMSC, SGSN, GGSN and other ancillary components.
7. Strong knowledge of the theory and principles of telecommunications (i.e., SS7, telco subsystems design/architecture/implementation/configuration) preferred
8. Strong understanding and/or experience in mobile core network engineering preferred
9. Working proficiency with Linux, Linux development environment preferred
10. Experience with hands-on rack and stack, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of telco grade servers and systems
11. Experience creating install guides and as-built documentation
12. Linux system and network administration experience
13. Experience with firewall and vpn configuration
14. Experience with scripting languages and programming; python, perl, shell, vi, C, C++
15. Wireshark experience for debugging protocol issuesAnalyzing logs, stack traces, debug libraries, software/hardware telemetry, and reading/verifying/improving documentation
16. Work directly with development team to resolve software and hardware problems; apply software and hardware patches as needed
17. Strong knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, NAT, routing, and switching
18. Networking and security certifications a plus
19. Ability to identify and analyze functional and operational requirements, and develop solutions to satisfy emerging needs.
20. Salary Expectation?
21. US Citizen or Green Card holder.
22. Complete Current Address & Phone#