Capital Project Manager - RT
Sacramento, California, United States, 95812
We our searching for an experienced Capital Project Manager to join our talented and growing Team in Sacramento, CA. The Capital Project Manager is responsible for the design and construction of complex engineered solutions for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of our plumbing, piping, HVAC, boilers, chillers, and other mechanical systems. Involvement ranges from new construction, renovations, system improvements, and upgrades to maintenance and repairs.
Areas of activity include but are not limited to process equipment, heating, and cooling systems; chillers, chilled water distribution, and cooling towers; boilers, condensate systems, steam and condensate distribution piping; HVAC systems and distribution; building automation controls; potable and non-potable water treatment and piping; sanitary waste piping and treatment; compressed gasses, etc.
Acts as Project Manager on comprehensive design and construction capital projects ranging from $20k to $25M. Works with clients/stakeholders to establish project scope, schedule, and budget constraints. Accountable for project programming, design, procurement, construction, commissioning, and close-out and for meeting established project schedule, financial, and communications goals. Procures, directs, oversees, reviews, and approves work of external engineering design and planning consultants; ensures that architectural & engineering designs are consistent with contract specifications and all relevant regulations, internal facility requirements, and engineering codes & standards.
Provides technical support for other Project Managers in area of expertise providing peer review and guidance during conceptual design, construction document development, construction, and/or commissioning phases for maintenance, repair, renovation, or new construction projects.
Conducts energy audits identifying areas of viable thermal or electrical efficiency improvements. Initiates feasibility studies, project budgets, return on investment calculations, and project plans for implementation. Works directly with federal, state, and local utility rebate programs to maximize outside sources of funding.
Responsible for developing design standards and maintaining accurate and up to date plant electrical distribution one line documentation for all JAX locations.
Performs other duties as needed.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
Working knowledge and understanding of all relevant federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards including state plumbing codes, IBC, NFPA, and OSHA.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Ability to organize, manage and monitor multiple projects to successful completion, adapting to shifting priorities in a high-pressure environment.
Interpersonal relationship skills sufficient to allow incumbent to be fully aware of interpersonal and organizational implications that accompany business relationships.
Demonstrated strong analytical, project management, and time management skills.
Demonstrated ability to lead the planning, development, construction, and start-up for projects of high complexity and scope through matrix reporting relationships.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to regularly use AutoCad/Revit, MS Office Suite, MS Project, e-Builder or similar software applications.
Willingness and ability to continuously learn new technical skills and to stay abreast of changing technologies.
Successful candidate must have capability to work in a fast paced environment with ability to prioritize multiple assignments and bring to successful outcomes.
Prior experience working in industrial or institutional environment/biotechnology a strong plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary:
1. Are you Licensed as either a Professional Engineer or an Engineering Intern?
2. Do you have 10+ to 15 years experience?
3. Do you have Biotech facility knowledge?
4. Do you have a Strong project management background?
5. Biotech facility knowledge preferred
6. Strong project management background needed
7. Candidates with 7-15 years of experience will fall into the Level II consideration; >15 years of experience will be considered a Level III candidate
8. Civil Engineers will NOT be considered; Mechanical Engineer submissions ONLY
9. Must possess strong communication skills, have construction management experience, be able to influence internal stakeholders, properly handle 4-7 simultaneous construction projects; strong organization skills needed
10. Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
11. Working knowledge and understanding of all relevant federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards including state plumbing codes, IBC, NFPA, and OSHA.
12. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to regularly use AutoCad/Revit, MS Office Suite, MS Project, e-Builder or similar software applications.
13. Salary Expectation?
14. US Citizen or Green Card holder.
15. Complete Current Address and Phone#?