Managing Mechanical Engineer - 5460
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: Yes
Location: New York
Town / City: Rochester
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Managing Mechanical Engineer
Multi-disciplined Architecture/Engineering firm, is seeking a team-oriented professional with a proven track record of leading and managing Mechanical Engineer professionals.
The candidate’s abilities and experience will assist in developing and motivating various professionals, new recruits and support staff. It is important that this candidate bridge the gap between various phases such as, engineering, design, and proposals of mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection throughout all offices.
• Manage a MEP Design Group of 12-15 design professionals as Profit Center
• Delegate or Assign projects/tasks to individuals, oversee/review their work to ensure design is progressing for best MEP Design practices
• Perform QA/QC to assure completeness, quality of design prior to creating full set of construction documents .
• Develops MEP standards for incorporation into projects
• Assures project delivery schedules and on time delivery of services
• Design project or part of the project as needed to meet schedule
• Prepare response to RFPs and or assist in preparing responses to RFPs
• Prepare cost estimates and monitor the budget as design progresses
• Markets group services to Architectural firms, State Agencies such as OGS, SUCF & DASNY.
• Visit project sites to assure project is being completed as designed and respond to Contractor’s RFIs
• Mentors Junior Engineers and interns
• Assist in recruitment of professional staff, as needed
• Works diligently with Management for growth of Division
• Establish & maintain positive relationship with co-workers & other team members
• Any other tasks to achieve above objectives.
• Bachelor/Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University in US
• NYS License (P.E) required; multi-state licenses preferred
• 15+ years’ hands on experience in designing, managing, QA/QC MEP projects for K-12 schools/colleges, Health care facilities, institutional buildings
• 5+ years’ experience in managing small MEP Design Group including QA/QC, budgets etc.
• Revitt and AutoCAD proficient
• Prior working experience with NYS agencies such as SUCF, DASNY, OGS and architectural firms
• Knowledgeable with ASHREE, Plumbing, Fire Protection & Building and other relevant codes
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
• Position is based out of Main Office in Rochester; with travel to other satellite offices, project site and clients required
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
2. NYS License (P.E) required; multi-state licenses preferred.
3. 15+ years’ hands on experience in designing, managing, QA/QC MEP projects for K-12 schools/colleges, Health care facilities, institutional buildings.
4. 5+ years’ experience in managing small MEP Design Group including QA/QC, budgets etc.
5. Revit and AutoCAD proficient.
6. Prior working experience with NYS agencies such as SUCF, DASNY, OGS and architectural firms.
7. Knowledgeable with ASHREE, Plumbing, Fire Protection & Building and other relevant codes.