Senior BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy Firmware) Engineer
Our client, a market leader in Medical Device Design and Manufacturing, located in the Dallas Texas area is looking for a Senior BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy Firmware) Engineer to join their team on a full-time employee basis. This role is heavily focused in the design and engineering of new products, fixtures, and development tools in a fast-paced environment. The Senior BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy Firmware) Engineer role will focus on writing low-level embedded software that interfaces with electronics from requirements through to commercial launch. In this role you will coordinate technical discussions and collaborate with Platform Architects and System Architects to determine the impact of design decisions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience planning project deliveries, milestones, and schedules and leading sub-teams in the delivery of firmware tasks. This role requires one or more of the following; experience working with the design of implantable devices, the miniaturization of devices, neuromodulation, embedded sensing devices, or mobile applications in a heavily regulated environment. In return, our client offers excellent benefits, advanced training, the ability to work in a cutting-edge technical environment, and a strong career path.
• 7-plus years leading full life cycle, hands-on firmware development for safety-critical, fault-tolerant, real-time embedded systems in a highly regulated development environment.
• Experience designing and developing firmware for low-power, mixed-signal, embedded systems for medical devices. (Experience designing firmware for implantable devices that meet FDA regulations is a strong plus).
• Experience troubleshooting BLE system issues and incorporating changes into next generation designs.
• Experience determining the root cause of complex problems and implementing the procedures necessary to avoid further issues.
• Demonstrated ability to disseminate complex information among teams both within and outside the department.
• Experience determining and resolving cybersecurity concerns within BLE communication systems.
• Experience applying advanced concepts to the architecture of embedded firmware designs to reduce risks and optimize design features.
• Experience performing requirements analysis, leveraging models, utilizing characterization testing and analysis methods to optimize firmware designs to determine completeness and to meet compliance standards required for medical devices.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or 10-plus years of related work experience with a thorough understanding of the specified functional areas. (Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering or a PhD in a related field is a strong plus).
• Advanced characterization testing, root cause analysis and utilization of benchtop measurement equipment and test setups.
• Experience with the design and implementation of BLE designs data transfer best practices.
• Experience implementing BLE 4.2 attribute protocol and familiarity with Apple and Google BLE stacks.
• Experience developing firmware utilizing Agile principals and best practices.
• Experience with software development for medical devices and IEC 62304 compliance.