Our client is seeking a Master Scheduler to join their team within a reputable, rapidly growing metals machining facility in the automotive and aerospace industry in the Buffalo / Niagara NY area.
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Production Inventory Control Manager, the Master Scheduler will work in a fast paced environment with little management direction. The Master Planner / Scheduler will be building milestone delivery schedules – Excel based Gantt files – for critical customers and will track these products hourly through the operation. He/she will also establish and maintain effective interface between procurement, internal customers, and suppliers. Candidate should be familiar with customer quality flow down requirements to suppliers. Candidate must be self-motivated, adaptable, creative innovative and results-oriented. The successful candidate will plan and prepare production schedules for manufacture of industrial products by performing the following duties.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
• Planning / Scheduling for the total plant operation
• Manages Production Control, Scheduling, and Kitting personnel.
• Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
• Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
• Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
• Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Prepares production reports.
• Prepares lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
• Prepares purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
• Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively.
• Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness: Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Ethics: Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
• Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• BS degree in Supply Chain, Production / Inventory Controls management, Operations, or relative discipline. IF THE CANDIDATE does bring specialized Supply Chain or Production/Inventory Control degree, a more junior candidate (2 years manufacturing experience minimum) will be considered.
• 5-10 years of experience within the industrial / manufacturing sector in a hands on role, Master Scheduling, Planning, Master Production Scheduling, and an understanding of machining and manufacturing operations and processes preferred. MUST bring experience planning / scheduling for an entire plant operation.
• Sales and Operations Planning ( S&OP ) knowledge and experience ideal
• Experience with capability studies, models, and planning
• Strong PC skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Prior experience with Oracle is ideal (or similar ERP system).
• APICS Certification and experience in Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement or Six Sigma highly desired.
• Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations and to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
• Ability to multi-task, remain organized, efficient and able to prioritize
• Self motivated and able to time manage.
• Ability to work well with a team while also working independently.
• Professional, co-operative attitude
• Ability to read and write English, communicate in English and be able to understand and follow equipment manuals and other materials in English - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Strong, proven work ethic, drive and ambition to learn and grow within the company; Professional, co-operative attitude
• BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN REQUIRED
• Ability to meet government requirements to work on ITAR and DDTC related projects.
• Hiring compensation for this role will be based on experience. Will include a competitive benefits package, 401k, vacation, additional performance based increases/comp, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions