Field Service Technician - 5582
Role: Technician / Maintenance
Relocation Available: No
Town / City: St. Louis
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Applicants will become responsible for setting up and completing on-site customer service visits to repair equipment or repairing equipment brought into the shop. Other tasks will include but are not limited to: locating and ordering parts, processing service paperwork, entering information into a custom billing database, answering technical support questions, and providing support to a sales team.
Job responsibilities will entail servicing a variety of equipment in the packaging and automation industry. Seeking experience working on any of the following equipment: stretch wrap machines, strapping machines, case sealers / erectors, and wide variety of pneumatic / battery banding tools.
Applicants may be exposed to Laboratory Electronics and HVAC repairs if qualified. If there is any experience in Ultra-low temperature freezers, centrifuges, or incubators this would be a candidate to highly consider.
• High Mechanical Aptitude
• Basic Electrical Knowledge
• Moderate Computer Literacy
• Customer Service Experience
• Certificate of knowledge or 2 year degree in either Automation Technology, Electrical Technology, or any Mechanical (i.e. automotive, machining, HVAC) technology. Vatterot College certificates are not valid for this requirement.
• 2 years or more experience as a field service technician.
• 2 years or more experience in any type of customer service role (fast food does NOT count).
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Certificate of knowledge or 2 year degree in either Automation Technology, Electrical Technology, or any Mechanical (i.e. automotive, machining, HVAC) technology.
2. 2+ years of experience as a field service technician.
3. 2+ years of experience in a role involving customer interaction.