Support Services Technician - 5581
Role: Technician / Maintenance
Relocation Available: No
Town / City: Mexico
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Provides electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic repair and maintenance support, including some fabrication. Performs various support activities for die maintenance and machine shop functions.
1. Repairs and maintains electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic functions of the operating die cast machines including preventive and predictive maintenance.
2. Operates various machine shop pieces of equipment including lathes, drill presses, saws, hand tools meters, gauges, micrometers and computers.
3. Programs PLCs for the die cast machines and trim press operations as well as electronic, electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
4. Provides support to die maintenance and machine shop work areas.
5. Communicates to supervisor and/or other shift leaders to ensure continuity of ongoing projects, repairs, and maintenance.
6. Performs all functions in accordance with company safety procedures and with OSHA requirements.
7. Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: High School/GED and 3-5 years related experience.
Certificate from technical/trade school or relevant work experience to qualify for industrial “journeyman” status in the electrical, electronic, or mechanical fields. Must pass BMCT testing.
Preferred: 2+ years working with Makino. Experience working in the die casting industry.
Computer, Technical, mechanical, mathematical and/or scientific skills
· Strong technical skills and knowledge of repair and maintenance for Hydraulics/Pneumatics, Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, and CNC systems.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics and hydraulic diagrams and use the proper instrumentation necessary to repair and install machinery.
· Proficient skills in using electronic and computer-based testing devices to diagnose complex problems and repair machinery.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the procedures, policies, processes, systems and technology that impacts the machine preventive and predictive maintenance functions.
· Ability to perform mathematical functions and calculations required to complete job requirements.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. High School/GED.
2. 3+ years of experience in the die casting industry.
3. Certificate from technical/trade school or relevant work experience to qualify for industrial “journeyman” status in the electrical, electronic, or mechanical fields.
4. 2+ years working with Makino.