Maintenance Scheduler / Planner
Our client is seeking a Maintenance Scheduler / Planner to join their growing steel fabrication facility in the Buffalo, NY area!
• Reporting to the Reliability Manager, the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is responsible for support of the maintenance function of the plant, through planning and scheduling of ongoing maintenance of equipment and machinery to maximize performance and meet the stringent production standards vital to support the demands of a 24/7 production schedule. As the member of a maintenance support team for sophisticated electrical, mechanical automated equipment, this position ensures that an effective preventive and predictive maintenance strategy is achieved which meets the entire plant business objectives. The individual in this position is also responsible for entry data and stockroom inventory activities.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consult with Reliability Manager daily to obtain work assignments, informing of all activities, needs, and problems
• Assist in planning and scheduling predictive and preventive maintenance activity based on demand, workload and resources
• Scheduling services with outside vendors as directed
• Ensuring PM’s are current and reflect actual work performed and safety hazards
• Updating PMs to reflect actual parts used
• Assist in creation of staging areas and job materials for planned work
• Maintaining records to ensure vendors are current with in-house contractor training
• Updating records with vendors regarding safety training, proof of liability and WCB
• Assist in ensuring availability of materials, tools and resources for planned maintenance activity
• Assist Maintenance department in various daily operations and office support.
• Maintain and communicate PM schedule.
• Responsible for day to day operation and administration of MEX CMMS system
• Update and close work orders documenting any issues
• Maintain and update asset history
• Assist in creation of purchase requisitions for planned and unplanned work
• Assist in the review of contractor invoices and recommending approval to Reliability Manager.
• Coordinating meetings, events and other similar activities.
• Performs related duties as assigned
BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience in a maintenance, scheduling, planning or other relevant role
• Demonstrated organizational and planning skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CMMS software
• Satisfactory criminal reference check in accordance with the company’s policy
• Mechanical/Electrical knowledge desired
EMPLOYEE CHARACTERISTICS DESIRED:
• Professional, co-operative attitude
• Excellent communications skills, including both verbal and written
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion with sensitive, confidential information
• Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
• Adept at establishing priorities and meeting critical deadlines
• Detail oriented, efficient and accurate
• Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, be resourceful, and embrace new challenges
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, hear and talk. The employee is frequently required to us hands. The employee occasionally will be required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs.
• Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history for immediate consideration.
• Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions