Project Manager - 5610
Relocation Available: Yes
Town / City: Elmhurst
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Company is searching for a dedicated project manager who is willing to commit their service towards creating an efficient and innovative environment in a fast growing dynamic industry.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Follow and reinforce company safety policies.
• Primary communicator with project owners and/or engineers.
• Attend pre-bid meetings with the owner, vendors and subcontractors.
• Develop a complete and accurate bid proposal including; quantity take-off; crew composition; material and subcontractor pricing.
• Compare bid pricing to historical data.
• Develop budgets and negotiate subcontractor agreements and purchase orders.
• Outline and communicate specifications for superintendents and foremen.
• Procure materials and major equipment.
• Negotiate, secure and manage subcontracts.
• Maintain DWMBE goals and EEO utilization awareness.
• Prepare and maintain the project progress and budget.
• Develop and maintain project schedule.
• Be dedicated to safety and maintaining a healthy work environment.
• Be able to work independently and as a team.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or in Construction Management.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in construction project management.
• A record of successfully estimating and managing heavy/highway construction between $50K to $10M.
• Have a working knowledge of means and methods, crew composition and production rates for heavy/highway construction.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and CPM scheduling software with the ability to adapt to a variety of computer applications.
• Cost accounting experience preferred.
• The ability to work with a team to complete projects with in stated deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or in Construction Management.
2. 3+ years of experience in construction project management.
3. A record of successfully estimating and managing heavy highway construction between $50K to $10M.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and CPM scheduling software.