Business Improvement Team (BIT) Leader - 5644
Town / City: Mexico
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Leads the activities necessary to manufacture products assigned to the Business Improvement Team (BIT). Accountable for achieving Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Customer Satisfaction goals/metrics in a team-based environment. Leads BIT team in daily activities, problem solving, root cause analyses, and maintaining or improving quality and through put. Ensures compliance with safety regulations and provides a safe working environment. Encompasses Core Operating Values in daily activities and in the attainment of team performance and operational metrics.
Operations, Quality and Safety
1. Manages production team activities ensuring adequate allocation of direct labor to production lines and team performance measures are met.
2. Accountable for team performance measures in the following areas:
• Team safety and housekeeping (DART, WPO/VC, audits)
• Customer satisfaction (customer perception of quality and delivery)
• Cost of quality (e.g. internal and external sorts, rework, internal scrap, customer returns)
• Product profitability and productivity measures, including metrics for scrap rates, equipment up-time rates, customer fill, customer satisfaction and through put.
• Process control activities
• Labor efficiency and efficient utilization of resources and leading the team to achieve continuous improvement in key areas as identified.
• Financial performance of team
3. Ensures quality management and operations systems and procedures are functioning according to standards. Oversees audits and verifications to ensure completion of written / documented processes, procedures, control plans, work instructions and related-activities.
4. Handles daily issues and problems, ensuring decisions and resolutions are consistent with, 1) plant and company policy/procedures, 2) quality and safety goals, 3) customer needs, and 4) Core Operating Values.
5. Provides guidance and methods for continuous improvement within team, and leads/participates in plant continuous improvement initiatives.
6. Participates in lean manufacturing initiatives.
7. Communicates directly to team members, 1) team and company goals, 2) performance expectations and metrics, 3) needs, 4) problems and obstacles, and 5) successes.
8. Informs team members of customer satisfaction, product quality, delivery, and team performance issues, as well as financial performance of product group(s). Evaluates and communicates team performance compared to goals of the company as well as the team.
9. Communicates and ensures compliance on company policies, work practice expectations, and plant procedures/policies.
10. Communicates/Interacts with other team leaders, other plant leadership, and support groups to ensure awareness of priorities and needs, and to facilitate the most cost effective plant operation. Communicates recommendations to management that facilitate team and company goals.
11. Provides oversight and leadership to production Team Members, Team Leaders, and Shift Facilitators.
12. Acts as the lead in emergency situations to ensure the Operations group reacts appropriately and follows documented procedures.
13. Handles Team Member selection/hiring, performance evaluation, discipline, and retention.
14. Accountable for team member performance. Ensures team members are trained and knowledgeable of their assigned tasks, coach and mentor as needed, then, hold them accountable for meeting performance standards and goals.
15. Builds and maintains teamwork within team and within plant. Resolves conflicts between team members and with other teams. Facilitates in maintaining positive team member relations and morale.
16. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, applicable laws, and Core Operating Values.
High School diploma/GED
7+ years manufacturing experience; 3+ years of experience in a supervisory/lead position
Die casting experience
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. High School diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. 7+ years of manufacturing experience.
3. 3+ years of experience in a supervisory or lead position.
4. Die Casting experience.