Laboratory Supervisor - 5648
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: No
Town / City: Forest Grove
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Laboratory Supervisor will supervise laboratory operations and personnel to assure quality control of all samples. Plan and implement control of laboratory building, supplies and instrumentation for continuous operations. Be vigilant of any issues and conditions that can affect their department. Report any issues that can impact the environment or safety of the employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates Laboratory Procedures:
• Planning and establishing schedules and following-up against estimates
• Enforcing all Laboratory procedures and answering Staff questions about policies and procedures
• Communicating with other departments and production Staff about procedures to assure the Laboratory of new products
• Investigating Laboratory claims and problems
• Make recommendations to Management for changes to Laboratory procedures as necessary.
• Coordinate laboratory operations based on shipment priorities and customer’s requirements
• Responsible for the preservation of the analytical equipment and facility to operational conditions at all times
• Analyze equipment data and ensure that all data generated from the laboratory maintain its integrity.
• Analyze cost control and statistical data
• Review technical problems and recommending solutions to problems and changes in procedures
• Prepare reports for management about Laboratory information and recommendations as necessary.
• Provide direction and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
• Evaluate work performed by staff train staff when necessary
• Provide subordinate staff with regular feedback
• Conduct performance appraisals, coaching council, disciplinary documents, etc.
• Train staff to improve operation accuracy and efficiency.
Minimum Qualifications: • Education - Associates degree in Chemistry or related science or equivalent.
• Must be able to motivate personnel as well as have the managerial and communication skills to ensure proper procedures are being followed as required. • Must be able to schedule personnel and maintain performance records as required • Experience - three years of experience in analytical laboratory testing and supervising of others. • A minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisor role. • Ability to work 2nd shift • Please provide a list of instrumentation experience in your email.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. 5+ years of laboratory experience.
2. Chemical analysis is preferred.
3. 3+ years of previous supervisory experience.
4. Experience with ICP and ICPMS technology would be a huge plus.
5. Willingness to train for up to 3 months at corporate in AZ.