Data Analyst (Life Insurance) - 1
Frederick, MD 21704
The Advanced Analytics team develops and maintains a collection of analytical solutions that span the Actuarial, Underwriting, Operations, Risk and Marketing spaces. Your primary responsibilities include the creation and maintenance of an exciting and important collection of advanced analytical solutions involving predictive modeling (statistical, machine learning), optimization and simulation.
You will be especially involved in the analysis of lapse and mortality experience, and the modernization of the assumption setting process. Additional responsibilities will include developing cutting-edge underwriting triaging models, along with potential involvement in any of the other business areas mentioned above.
You will be highly engaged through all stages of a project. You will meet with business leaders to flesh out project objectives at the start. You will drive the data acquisition phase where you will collaborate with Data Engineers to identify data sources and query structured databases. You will transform the data and engage in advanced feature engineering to develop the analytical solution and perform model validation. Ultimately, you will document and present your results to a spectrum of business leaders, helping to transform the organization through modern, data-driven decision making
BS/BA in Math/Statistics, Masters in Statistics preferred.
5+years of life insurance or actuarial experience.
2+ years predictive modeling.
Experience study for mortality and lapse background strongly preferred.
Good familiarity with life underwriting preferred.
Strong working knowledge of R preferred, Python OK.
Spreadsheet and database capabilities (Excel, SQL).
Visualization tool experience helpful (Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView)
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
Strong documentation skills.
Strong project management skills.
Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Strong actuarial analytical skills and problem solving ability.
We are a future-focused company, passionate about what we do and how we do it. This means working with pace and energy to reach our goals, and challenging ourselves to achieve more. We strive to create a unique environment where balance between work and life is possible. Our employees' passion, dedication and hard work, as well as our career development opportunities, benefits, and employee activities contribute to our positive workplace culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. BA in Math/Statistics, Masters in Statistics preferred.
2. 5+years of life insurance or actuarial experience.
3. 2+ years predictive modeling.
4. Experience study for mortality and lapse background strongly preferred.
5. Good familiarity with life underwriting preferred.
6. Strong working knowledge of R preferred, Python OK.
7. Spreadsheet and database capabilities (Excel, SQL).
8. Visualization tool experience helpful (Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView)
9. How proficient are you with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, and QlikView?
10. Which data visualization tools do you use?
11. How proficient are you with R?
12. How many years of experience do you have in the life insurance industry?
13.How many years of experience do you have with predictive modeling (statistical, machine learning), optimization and simulation?