Cloud Security Architect - 1
Hoboken, NJ 07030 Phoenix, AZ
The Cloud Security Architect is principally responsible for researching, designing, and integrating information security solutions and controls across the global enterprise in a way that is transparent to end users, supports executive strategies, and fundamentally ensures the security of the information MMC is entrusted to protect.
The Cloud Security Architect is responsible for conducting industry research on new and emerging security technologies in support of enhancing and maintaining evolving corporate strategies to ensure that security solutions will exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment over $13 billion in revenue generation.
The Cloud Security Architect will be responsible for cloud security architecture, review internal and external IT projects and applications for risk and adherence to security policies, standards, and industry best practices.
This position will lead and participate on multiple internal security project teams to evaluate and deploy cloud security technologies globally and to make design recommendations for security products and services for the firm.
Must define, document and design secure infrastructure and application architectures within the primary tenants of Availability, Integrity and Confidentiality.
The Cloud Security Architect is responsible for maintaining and updating multiple product road maps supporting the secure cloud framework. This position will provide thought leadership regarding solutions, designs, architecture, integration, support, strategies across the entire organization to include decision making through successful implementation while employing the highest levels of integrity.
Every decision must consider both direct and indirect impacts on the global MMC IT infrastructure.
Design, document, and deploy secure cloud solutions globally to enhance and evolve the security posture of the firm ensuring data integrity, availability and confidentiality of all data entrusted to Marsh & McLennan to protect.
Drive and implement key security strategies within the Marsh & McLennan operating companies designed to protect thousands of applications and servers world-wide from threats.
Responsible to design and implement cloud security controls in support of hundreds of internal and external business IT projects and applications contributing to revenue growth globally.
Review, assess and signoff on business projects with respect to risk and adherence to security policies, standards, and industry best practices for data protection of Company and client data. Lead project teams to include design, connectivity, and software solutions aligning security, cost, performance, and customer requirements to reach viable secure solutions.
Drive technical and strategic direction of the Information Security function across all of Marsh & McLennan Companies globally.
Responsible for maintaining and updating information security technology road maps through industry research, knowledge transfer, continued learning.
Document and maintain comprehensive information security roadmaps and strategies with respect to process mapping, technical diagrams and schematics, standard operating procedures, and technical infrastructure documentation which results in the protection of sensitive information across thousands of applications and thousands of servers world-wide.
Partner with and provide information security expertise to the operating companies to provide guidance and direction on secure application hosting for hundreds of internal and client facing application systems.
Assess applications and the associated data flow for risk to sensitive data, systems, or infrastructure.
Collaboratively document security controls and application access requirements associated with hosted applications and systems.
End-to-End enterprise-wide tier III troubleshooting of network, desktop, server (hardware & software) and application performance & connectivity across the global MMC wide area network as it relates to Information Security.
Participate in or lead Computer Incident Response Teams (CIRT) as necessary by providing tier III support to mitigate active security incidents possible threatening the Global MMC computing environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary):
1. 4-year college/university degree required
2. Minimum 6+ years of AWS or Azure cloud security experience with large scale implementations spanning multiple business lines distributed globally
3. Must be security focused SME with cloud computing services and be principally responsible security architect for either AWS or Azure
4. Must have experience with IAM, MFA technologies, AWS or Azure security platforms and security services.
5. Experience with assessment, development, implementation, integration, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS environments
6. Experience with Hybrid cloud architectures and designs
7. Must have experience with deploying and securing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions using native cloud security controls as well as be familiar with products and solutions outside of native cloud security controls such as NGFW, Micro-segmentation and others
8. Experience or strong familiarity with Visibility, Security and Compliance monitoring tools such as Prisma Public Cloud
9. Must have experience with Internet Application Hosting architectures in public clouds, best practices and related technologies to effectively protect externally facing applications
10. Experience with Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), API Gateways and other common web application technologies is preferred
11. Strong knowledge of enterprise security concepts/frameworks and products, secure design principles and best practices
12. Familiarity with top security frameworks such as NIST 800-53, CIS Benchmarks, ISO 27000 series, COBIT, etc.
13. Good written and verbal communication skills a must.
14. Must be able to quickly and succinctly architect and create technical solution documentation.
15. Must be a self-starter, work with limited supervision & be able to work well with others in a globally diverse IT environment.
16. Understanding of cryptography as it relates to application, network and cloud security
17. Experience coding/scripting with common languages such as Python, Perl & Java Script is a plus.
18. CISSP and Cloud certifications preferred. Other Information Security oriented certifications a plus