Project Manager – Structural Steel - 5507
Role: Engineering, Science, or Related
Relocation Available: Yes
Town / City: Schofield
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Position Summary. A Project Manager plans, directs and coordinates activities surrounding the design, detailing, fabrication, coating, delivery and erection of steel structures starting at the time of sale and finishing at contract close out. They are responsible for providing guidance, direction, motivation and leadership to a Project Team and act as a liaison to all company departments to execute projects in a timely, high quality and cost-effective manner. A Project Manager is ultimately responsible for the performance and outcomes resulting from project decisions and actions.
Personal Characteristics. Certain personal characteristics, which are somewhat inherent and difficult to teach, are necessary for long-term success in this role. These characteristics include:
• Multitasking - Ability to continuously analyze project information, evaluate assets / liabilities and make key decisions in fast-paced project environment.
• Versatility - Well-rounded with sound education, experience and skills in business, design and manufacturing.
• Strong Ethics - High standards and personal integrity.
• Teamwork - Uses the combined action of a group of people effectively and efficiently.
• Indomitable Spirit - Self-motivated with strength that comes from within.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to constructively resolve conflict.
• Carry out the prime contract and ensure compliance with all terms and conditions.
o Plan and manage the work progression with regard to cost, schedule and quality.
o Recognize and resolve problems in a timely and effective manner.
• Draft, negotiate and execute agreements with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Establish and maintain relationships with the customer, owner, design team, suppliers and subcontractors.
• Review design drawings and specifications for cost saving and value engineering alternates.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Job Requirements
• A minimum of five years of experience in Structural Steel (design, fabrication, erection, etc.), Construction Management or a related field is required.
• A 4-year degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field is preferred. Candidates with a lesser or unrelated degree will need to demonstrate other attributes to offset this preference.
• Communicates effectively (verbal and written) with management, co-workers, customers, designers and field personnel.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific / technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
• This position requires the use of many industry specific computer applications, most of which can be learned on the job, but the candidate should, at a minimum, be proficient in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel and have an aptitude to learn other programs quickly (STRUMIS, Vista, Tekla, SDS/2, and AutoCAD).
• Travel is expected to average 5%, with occasional frequent travel and extended work hours at times (project dependent).
• Exudes excellence every day and acts as an ambassador of company Mission, Vision and Values.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. 5+ years of experience in Structural Steel (design, fabrication, erection, etc.), Construction Management or a related field is required.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field is preferred.
3. Proficient in the use of Outlook, Word and Excel and have an aptitude to learn other programs quickly (STRUMIS, Vista, Tekla, SDS/2, and AutoCAD).