Design Manager (Water Infrastructure) will be responsible for the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets.
As a Design Manager (Water Infrastructure), you will work with engineers, designers, project managers, contractors and clients to develop and deliver the quality detailed design to our internal and external clients.
This is an office based position however project related site visits, project updates at external client office will be required and may include international travel to other Cardno or non-Cardno related offices and project sites.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
• Actively manage assigned projects to meet budget and profitability goals for projects assigned.
• Manage and execute work involving conventional types of civil and utility engineering principles and other related activities for new and existing water, recycled water, wastewater, conveyance, and civil/site projects.
• Develop and prepare reports, planning studies, specifications, detailed design drawings, and construction submittal reviews calculations, models and other technical deliverables for civil/utility, conveyance and infrastructure related projects.
• Evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to make adaptations and modifications to projects.
• Lead project teams in planning and/or designing a major engineering project and coordinate special planning, economic, and engineering studies.
• Direct the work of, communicate effectively and coordinate with project teams including other disciplines (drafters, designers and other engineers).
• Provide consultation in specialized areas (wastewater/water conveyance and civil design), make decisions and solve problems.
• B.S. degree in related engineering field (Civil, Environmental etc.), M.S. preferred
• 15+ years of relevant experience working in engineering or management roles, including: Hydraulic modeling and master planning, Large Diameter Pipe Design, Urban Construction, water treatment / process design and Pump Station Hydraulics and Design.
• Experience with condition assessment of water and wastewater infrastructure for gravity and pressure systems.
• Experience designing water and wastewater pipelines and pipeline rehabilitation projects
• Experience with wastewater pump station and potable or recycled water pump station design preferred
• Experience in managing multiple projects and clients, along with the associated administrative, budgetary, and financial tracking elements of projects.
• Possessing high ethical standards, committed to producing high quality work, with a commitment to teamwork, respect and integrity.