Purchasing Agent - IN - #5434
Location Lafayette, IN
Responsible for managing materials planning and materials procurement to meet production start dates established.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Responsible for the planning and acquisition of raw materials and externally produced finished goods to ensure our customers’ expectations for delivery are being met in a timely manner for both the Lafayette and Mexico locations.
2) Responsible for purchasing general supplies as needed or requested by other departments.
3) Maintain forecast of future purchases. Participate in updates and monthly meetings.
4) Responsible for the inputting and accuracy of the raw material item card fields which provides costing of formulations and viable information for generating raw material requisitions.
5) Maintain raw material availability on Production Planning Schedule and report shortages to upper management.
6) Maintain strong vendor relationships. Complete supplier evaluations and initiate corrective action requests, when necessary.
7) Perform quarterly update meetings with suppliers/distributors to negotiate cost reductions. Search for secondary suppliers, where possible.
8) Match receiving paperwork with PO and invoice; enter invoice into Payables Ledger.
9) Maintain electronic file for Certificates of Analysis for all raw material received.
10) Update, maintain and complete monthly KPIs.
11) Perform additional and other duties when required to support the growth and interests of the organization.
All employees are authorized to stop further processing or delivery of a product when a nonconformance or potential non-conformance is identified until the unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
Minimum experience required: High School diploma, BS or BA preferred; and 2 years of experience in manufacturing purchasing with MRP.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. High School diploma required. BS or BA preferred.
2. 2+ years of experience in raw material purchasing with manufacturing MRP experience.