Project Manager – Structural Precast - MI #5565
Location Grand Rapids MI
Assists the Program Manager with required updates and paperwork to ensure projects are managed efficiently from sales to final completion.
Education or Equivalent:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage paperwork for the department, as needed per Program Manager requests.
• Assists as support for Program Managers on parking structures..
• Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
• Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
• Responsible for oversight of small to medium sized projects, ranging in difficulty from easy to medium.
• Review project cast in plant and assure quality and scope are achieved.
• Participates in weekly production meetings. Attends project meetings on site.
• Communicates information to all the affected departments including engineering, detailing, production, erector, customers, contracts, sales, etc.
• Coordinates other trade requirements with precast including mechanical openings, stairways, masonry, steel, and concrete.
• Write/Track RFI’s, change orders and scope clarifications.
• Coordinate field bulletins as needed, including but not limited to, material delivery and field installation.
• Represent company with exceptional customer service. Provide solutions to problems and issues that may arise during the scope of the project. Respond timely to all customer concerns to facilitate the project from beginning to end.
• Some estimating duties may be required as assigned.
• Must adhere to all company and MiOSHA safety rules.
• Must work within the attendance policy guidelines.
• Customer interaction as delegated by the Program Manager.
• Attend trade association and industry events.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's degree or one to two years related experience and/or training.
2. Experience in project management and estimating on structural projects.
3. Precast experience is a plus.
4. PE is a plus.