Concrete Paving Superintendent – TN #5516
Location Memphis, TN
•The duties involve being the direct liaisons between the field crews/activities,subcontractors.
•Responsible for the production aspects of the work producing quality work that is constructed consistent with the standard's set forth in the project's contract documents.
•Performing the work in a timely and cost effective manner and for maintaining a work environment that is safe and continuously kept clean and orderly.
•Responsible for establishing a professional work environment that includes: fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner.
•Administering client specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.
•Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings.
•Conducting and/or participating in regularly held meetings involving staff.
•Meeting with client representatives on a regular basis to discuss the status of projects, to proactively identify and resolve problems and to assure that the client is kept knowledgeable about the status of the work.
•Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and E-mail correspondence.
•Providing timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as Accounting and HR.
•Directing and managing the work loads of supporting staff to include training, mentoring and follow up.
•Participating in and encouraging staff to seek out life-long learning opportunities and professional development.
• Has a passion for construction, a desire and a natural instinct to build
• Extensive knowledge of all construction activities
• Is proactive, plans well and addresses problems promptly
• Is committed to doing quality work the first time with little or no need for re-work
• Works to meet or beat schedules and is driven to bring closure to avoid long punch lists
• Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules
• Understands project control and change order management
• Has the ability to build effective teams, to inspire others to their best, and to coach and mentor
• Is aggressive, however fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving clients, subcontractors and co-workers (understands win-win concept)
• Has the ability to supervise and delegate responsibilities to crew members
• Ability to deal with all aspects of subcontractor scheduling
• Computer literate so that completion of all electronic forms, reports and documentation are completed accurately.
• Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 1, 1st Aid and CPR
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 5+ years of supervisory experience in construction.
2. Army Corps of Engineers or FAA experience.
3. Able to read blueprints and drawings.
4. Airport paving experience.
5. Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 1, 1st Aid and CPR.