Survey Crew Chief - MT #4021
Relocation May Be Possible
Location Sidney Montana
The Crew Chief responsibilities will include staking well locations, surveying section corners, establishing section corners, and staking access roads which may include slope staking access roads and well location pads. Will be responsible daily for survey assistant(s) on your crew. Safety Workplace Practice is expected first and foremost and is a responsibility of each employee.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential
- Staking pipelines and pipeline right-of-ways
- Topographic surveys and x-sectioning
- Performs mathematical calculations; field checking & field data
- Take accurate and clear notes and performs note reduction
- Reads and understands plans and specifications
- Know basic sources of measurement errors
- Know principles of monumentation, staking and marking
- Responsible for Quality Control and performance of all work
- Responsible for the maintenance of all Company equipment and Company vehicle
- Self-motivated and organized with good decision making skills
- Completion of timely & accurate eTimeTrack for all time and expense activity
- Responsible for meeting with clients and public land owners as a representative of the Company and the reputation of the professional work provided
- Responsible for leadership & training for Survey Assistants and Level 1 & 2 Crew Chiefs
- Responsible for team-oriented problem resolution
- Responsible for client development with the ability to manage multiple projects and engagements in a professional manner
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Education: High School Diploma / GED or equivalent is required including a background in math, geometry & trigonometry. Minimum of 2 year experience in a Level 2 Crew Chief position.
Knowledge: Oil & Gas Surveying Industry, strong math and computer skills Communication Skills: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills Tools, Equipment, Software: Survey measuring instruments including levels, GPS equipment, and total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. High School Diploma, GED, or higher education.
2. 2+ years of experience with Trimble GPS surveying products.
3. Experience in oil and gas surveying.
4. Experience collecting survey data to support Civil Engineering design projects.
5. Licensed Surveyor preferred.
6 Where currently living.
7. Willing to relocate to the location of this role.
8. Salary expectations.