Project Coordinator – Underground Utility - OH #5588
Location Cincinnati, OH
This position is an entry to mid-level project coordinator and reports to the Project Controls Supervisor. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of tasks and projects as assigned. Typical tasks will range in size and complexity. Basic understanding of the PMI project management life cycle is a must.
• Monitor the Permit Trackers daily for approvals, denials and changes.
• Able to produce various reports as needed by Project Manager and Project Controls Supervisor.
• Identifies permitting “gaps” preventing NFIDs to be constructed and drives them to completion.
• Program task management (as assigned by Project Manager or Project Controls Supervisor).
• Develop and maintain program file system (physical and electronic).
• Customer contact to obtain project specific information.
• Working with Quality Control, complete project close-out per company standards.
• Review invoices from subcontractors to confirm production and accurate accounting.
• End of month explanations for variances in the forecast to actuals.
• Facilitate the creation of new projects once engineering is complete.
• Utilize and provide to management meaningful and timely reports using key performance indicators to aid in managing the health of the project.
• Removing obstacles and empowering Operations to be successful
• Constantly managing and monitoring project progress, risk and the quality of the customer experience
• Coordinate project level activities. Include but not limited to critical path monitoring/alignment, procurement, Conflict resolution and critical path risk identification/mitigation
• Proactively identify and resolve potential issues before they become problems.
• Lead efforts to gather all project level status to report on program status to entire team.
• Forecasting of materials to facilitate the scheduled work on time.
• Data Analysis of various project status from engineering to permitting to construction.
• Assist in providing data to the project scheduler
• Work with Permitting to keep a continuous backlog of work for construction.
• Work with Transmedia team to track daily changes of client submitted work.
• Aid Construction Manager in coordinating work.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Strong background with Google Sheets.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an industry related field and/or combination of education and experience
• 2 -5 years of experience in delivering OSP Telecommunications services or utility related industry
• CAPM or PMP Certification is a preferred
• Exposure to P6 (Primavera).
• Good communications skills both written and verbal
• Problem solver and critical thinker
• Driven and self-motivated
• Proficient in MS Office Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project
• Understanding of the project life cycle as defined by PMI
• Ability to apply project management concepts, and methodologies
• Proficient in Technical Writing
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimum guidance
• Data Analysis of a magnitude of data sets to provide various reporting matrix
• Coachable, coachable, coachable
• Team work
• Thorough and effective communication
• Ability to apply technology
• Openness to change
• Ability to adapt to changing environment
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships
• Servant leadership
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Strong background with Google Sheets / Excel.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in an industry related field or combination of education and experience.
3. 2 -5 years of experience in delivering OSP Telecommunications services or utility related industry.
4. CAPM or PMP Certification is a preferred.