Quality Systems Manager - IN - #5572
Location Lafayette, IN
This position is responsible for the development of and management of a comprehensive quality system to ensure process driven continuous improvement using the disciplines of Quality Management System. This includes the coordination of company-wide calibration schedules, represents the needs of the customer in internal functions including special characteristics, quality objectives, training, CAR, PAR, internal audits and reporting status and progress to the President. Responsible for ensuring compliance of environmental reporting at local, state and federal levels, compliance of local, state, and federal health and safety requirements, including establishing training requirements and necessary documentation. Collaborates with team members with emphasis on evaluating, developing and improving safety, compliance and quality workplace practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Primary responsibility is to maintain a company- wide quality system using appropriate process flow mapping, documentation, record keeping, and measurement.
2) Manage the effectiveness of the company’s Internal Audit System Team.
3) Ensures processes for the QMS are established, implemented, and maintained.
4) Reports to President regarding the Quality Management System, its performance, and any need for improvement.
5) Maintains close working relationship with management team and peers projecting an image of support to create and foster a highly interactive team environment.
6) Promotes and uses the elements of QMS by being familiar with its philosophy and disciplines. This position also has the responsibility and authority to prevent the occurrence of product non-conformity.
7) Authorized to stop further processing of delivery of a product when a non-conformance or potential non-conformance is identified, until the unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
8) Performs additional duties when required.
9) Knowledge of the automotive process approach to auditing, including risk based thinking.
10) Applicable customer and organization specifics requirements, applicable ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements related to the scope of the audit, applicable manufacturing process(es) to be audited, including PFMEA and control plan, applicable core tool requirements related to the scope of the audit.
11) How to plan, conduct, prepare audit reports, and close out audit findings.
12) Participate in preparation of product usage and precautionary label instructions. Recommend procedures for detection, prevention, and elimination of physical, chemical, or other product hazards.
13) Responsible to ensure customer requirements are met.
14) Responsible for setting and executing key performance indicators for QMS and related training to employees.
15) Responsible for customer score cards and customer portals to ensure customer requirements and information is communicated.
16) Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment and work practices, in order to ensure compliance with Safety/Environmental Standards and Government Regulations through appropriate Written Programs, Training and Recordkeeping.
17) Analyzes hazards and develops risk assessments. Conducts and documents regular audits of plant safety, health and environmental programs. Work as an advocate of the plant, working closely with department managers to implement improvements as necessary.
18) Inspects specified areas to ensure the presence of appropriate Fire Prevention Equipment, Safety Equipment and First Aid Supplies.
19) Conducts Safety Training and Education Programs, and demonstrates the use of Safety Equipment. Provides New-Employee Health and Safety Orientations, and assists in the development of materials relating to these presentations. Coordinates regular Safety Meetings with other attendees as appropriate.
20) Reporting - internally and externally
• Evaluates, interprets and communicates regulatory and technical information relating to occupational health, safety and environmental to management.
• Responsible for ensuring IDEM, EPA, DOT, FAA, OSHA and other city, state and federal government concerns are met as relating to Hazardous Waste Handling, Safety, Facility Emissions, Storage Concerns, Transport and accompanying Training, Recordkeeping and Housekeeping Inspections.
• Coordinates “Right to Know” programs regarding Hazardous Chemicals and other substances.
21) Monitoring and documentation of incoming safety data sheets (SDS) and information of corporate product safety department. Maintains an up-to-date chemical and SDS inventory in compliance with GHS and OSHA HCS 2012. Updates SDS system including all chemicals used within facility.
22) Responsible for handling the Hazardous Waste program.
23) Performs additional and other duties when required to support the growth and interests of the organization.
24) Promotes and uses the elements of current quality program by being familiar with its philosophy, disciplines and customer requirements.
25) Authorized to stop further processing or delivery of a product when a non-conformance or potential non-conformance is identified, until the unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
26) Participate in preparation of product usage and precautionary label instructions. Recommend procedures for detection, prevention, and elimination of physical, chemical, or other product hazards.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, Environmental Science, Environmental Health and Safety Management, Occupational Health or related field required. Good Chemistry or Biology knowledge. Two (2) years of experience in a lab/quality control environment, and management experience preferred.
Two plus years’ experience in EHS field, preferably in the coatings or chemical industry
Fundamental knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, nationally recognized standards and guidelines related to functions as required by position
Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and / or compliance officers is beneficial.
Excellent computer experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access Database.
Very good verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
ISO or IATF experience.
Strong interpersonal skills. Good team player as integral part of a global team.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Physical Sciences, Environmental Science, Environmental Health and Safety Management, Occupational Health or related field.
2. 2+ years of experience in a lab quality control environment. Management experience preferred.
3. 2+ years of experience in EHS field, preferably in the coatings or chemical industry.
4. Excellent computer experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access Database.
5. ISO or IATF certified.