Electrical Estimator - MA #5478
Location Canton Mass
Company is looking to add a full-time experienced electrical estimator to join our industry leading team. The Estimator is responsible for preparing and completing bid documents and cost estimates for electrical construction projects. One should be able to determine construction costs by collecting and studying information, evaluate bid specifications and drawings, ensuring they know what is required to successfully bid and win the project. The candidate will work alongside Management and Sales teams to meet the needs of our clients and our relationship driven business.
This position is in house. No car allowance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
• Produce estimates via drawing takeoff by using various methods (comprehensive, median, historical, conceptual)
• Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and solicit quotes. Review quotes for completeness with plans and specifications
• Itemize and quantify all incidentals necessary in preparing the bid packages including: sub-contract work, equipment rental, tools and supplies
• Project turnover - meet with Project Management and operations to fully explain the estimate, scope of work, quotes and other aspects for a successful transition
• Responsible for the timely completion of all estimates and client-required documents
• Draft scope letter inclusions, exclusions, and clarifications for estimates
• Maintain files of estimate documents
• Track project history with specialized CRM software – Bidwinner
• The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the company
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, construction technology, estimating techniques and cost control
• Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to perform arithmetic calculations required for estimating
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints and/or engineering design drawings
• Ability to identify and meet customers’ needs expectations and requirements
• Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of specific variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and changing priorities as necessary
• Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
• Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
• Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 2+ years of electrical estimating experience.
2. Experience with an electrical contractor or construction company.
3. Bidwinner Software experience is a plus.