Manufacturing Engineer - WI #5602
Location Burlington, WI
Responsibilities for this position are focused on supporting the daily operations of our rubber manufacturing processes. Specific work will include:
* Equipment initiatives related to production optimization; includes planning, purchasing, installation and maintenance of new equipment, and improvements of existing equipment
* Continuous Improvement initiatives including, but not limited to: process analysis and development/improvement of proper TPM and Standard Work, new technology inquiry and research to support corporate objectives
* A high level of statistical analysis to lead efforts to improve existing processes to meet specified outcomes within the PDSA framework
* Respond decisively to quality issues by working with stakeholders to design experiments to drive root cause, identify possible countermeasures, and implement effective and sustainable corrective actions
* Using a collaborative problem-solving approach as part of working with stakeholder teams at all levels of the organization
The right candidate for this position is someone who works well within a diverse team to systemically identify and address improvements and gauge their effectiveness. They will also bring to the table:
* A technical or Associates degree combined with solid (5+ years) on the job experience in a manufacturing environment that includes applying Lean manufacturing principles to the production process
* A portfolio of proven project results that resulted in improved quality, delivery, safety and cost
* Experience with project management and leadership
* Knowledge of equipment installation and vendor coordination; includes working knowledge of drafting, electrical, pneumatic, and hydrologic prints and experience with cell layouts and process optimization
* An ability to effectively and professionally communicate and collaborate with colleagues and production team members
* Evidence of proactive problem-solving abilities and effective prioritization and organization to achieve desired results
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Technical or Associates degree.
2. 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment that includes applying Lean manufacturing principles to the production process.
3. Experience with project management and leadership.
4. Experience with equipment installation and vendor coordination including drafting, electrical, pneumatic, and hydrologic prints and experience with cell layouts and process optimization.