Structural Engineer - FL #5672
Senior Structural Engineer
The Senior Structural Engineer will report directly to the President and will be responsible for representing the organization with respect to the engineering department. We are looking for an individual who can contribute valuable knowledge from previous positions in order to grow and excel with the rest of the team. The core of our business is supporting manufacturers to maintain compliance to any of the state codes for their fenestration products. As needed, we will provide guidance in testing and provide submittal documentation for permitting purposes, which would include Engineering Evaluations and Shop Drawings.
The Senior Structural Engineer will be part of the management team and accountable for solving technical problems in an efficient team setting. This position requires comprehensive structural engineering experience, developed through broad knowledge and independent handling of engineering issues that present themselves in the field.
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Structural Engineering is required
• Florida Professional Engineer (PE) License would be a plus
• Working knowledge of design concepts associated with Building Envelopes: Wind, Thermal, Snow Loads, as well as, Building Movements (Seismic is a plus)
• Ability to use FEA software (Such as STAAD, SAP2000, or Strand7 etc.) for 3D structural analysis
• Capable of reviewing and understanding Architectural Drawings to then produce shop drawings in- house to support manufacturers requirements for the jobsite
• Demonstrate fair knowledge of engineering coupled with the ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships with key corporate accounts
• Dynamic person with strong interpersonal skills who is able to gain the confidence of management and engineering personnel in externally targeted strategic organizations
• Able to drive and complete multiple complex projects, programs, and issues simultaneously with confidence
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill
• Able to motivate and reprimand when necessary
• Strategic thinker, capable of tactical execution
• Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency, analytical skills, as well as problem solving skills
• Knowledge or understanding of performing linear & non- linear analysis is required to support advanced façade designs, including glass design, blast design and cable structures is a plus
• Ability to express immediate action plans that include a current situation analysis using knowledge from past ex
Primary Duties Include
oversee the entire Engineering Department
Manage strategic relationships with all potential and existing customers assisting in all technical aspects from start to finish
Analysis of suitable configurations of the basic structural components of building products
Calculating the pressures, stresses, and strains that each component is likely to experience from other parts of the structure, or from external pressures such as wind and waves
Considering the strength of various materials, e.g. aluminum, wood, PVC, steel, and vinyl, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design
Liaising with other designers, including in house engineers, to reach an understanding of the product design
Using Computer- aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes and for reviewing and correcting
Analysis, signing, and sealing of documents that are prepared and ready for submittal to the FBC, Texas Department of Insurance, or Miami Dade
1. Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering.
2. Experience with design concepts associated with Building Envelopes: Wind, Thermal, Snow Loads, as well as, Building Movements (Seismic is a plus).
3. Experience using FEA software (Such as STAAD, SAP2000, or Strand7 etc.) for 3D structural analysis.
4. Florida Professional Engineer (PE) License is a plus.