Truck Load Brokerage Sales - East #5597
Location New Jersey (can be in a bordering state)
International Third Party Logistics Company committed to providing innovative strategies and services to help our customers create a competitive advantage with secure, economic, and timely management of goods.
This position is responsible for both tactical and strategic business development of new business. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 Plus years of industry experience selling Domestic Transportation (TL preferred), Warehousing and Distribution Services, Transportation Management System, Ocean and Air Forwarding (Import/Export) and Customs Brokerage and Compliance. The 3PL Sales Representative will
• Proven sales experience in the industry is a must
• Prospect, build, and develop strategic partnerships with clients/customers.
• Maintain and grow existing business while securing new revenue streams from new clients
• Achieve assigned and measurable sales objectives/targets
• Strong business acumen, account management and proven Logistics Sales & Negotiating Skills
• Focus on specified market segments to identify and develop high potential accounts
• Ensure sustainable revenue at acceptable profitability levels
• Provide timely and accurate reports and document sales leads.
• Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
• Keep current with industry and market trends
• Serve as a liaison between clientele and operational staff
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree required
• 5 Plus years with past sales experience at Third Party Logistics Company or related logistics field
• A “book of business”, with a proven network of logistics and supply chain decision makers.
• Solid sales and marketing background
• Excellent Oral Communication skills; able to speak clearly and concisely; solid group presentation skills.
• Excellent Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively and able to work for spelling and grammar.
• Aggressive, self-motivated, sense of urgency.
• Experience completing and working with various RFP’s (Request for Proposal)
• Knowledge of Warehousing Management Systems (WMS) a plus
• Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) a plus
• Understanding of General Supply Chain Management
• General Knowledge of Domestic and International Transportation (FTL, LTL)
• Detailed oriented
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Provide excellent Customer Service to new clients
• Computer Literate – proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Special Position Requirements
• Must be willing to travel as required to meet essential sales duties and business requirements.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor Degree preferred.
2. 5 or more years of sales Truck Load Brokerage Sales experience.
3. Current book of TL brokerage contacts.