Full-time Lab Supervisor needed at a top allergy laboratory in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida!
SUMMARY: Directing, managing and performing laboratory testing in a precise and accurate manner. Evaluating test data and measuring it against established criteria of accuracy, reliability and quality control. Evaluating instrumentation and test data to determine validity and feasibility of new instrumentation, new tests and better laboratory processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Laboratory Supervisor is delegated sufficient authority to accomplish the responsibilities, duties, goals and objectives that have been established for this position.
- Has the authority to suggest hiring, firing, promotions, and demotions those employees reporting directly to the position.
- Perform the following tests: IgG, IgE, Candida, Gliadin/Gluten, tTG, Sub-fractions and any other tests performed in the lab
- Prepare and maintain Reagents
- Prepare sub-fraction, Candida plates, and IgG plates
- Process and prepare specimens for tests
- Perform QC split samples and maintain QC Charts
- Learn safety procedures, handle hazardous materials, and disinfect work area
- Maintain lab equipment
- Bi-weekly review of log for missing tests
- Weekly review of send-out log for receipt of results
- Ensure all supplies are available for test completion.
Sees that personnel know the standards established for their position (including performance of all lab testing, specimen collection, handling and storage), the achievement expectations, and where corrective effort may be required by performing performance evaluations in a timely manner
- Ensure that effective working relationships are maintained between the personnel and other departments
- Proper scheduling of jobs and personnel is critical to all concerned, but maintaining flexibility due to changing needs must be in the plan also (laboratory staff and vacation schedules)
- Annual review of the laboratory procedures and manuals. Upgrading manuals to meet the College of American Pathologists (CAP) standard of content organization and presentation.
- Manage and supervise a system for filing laboratory results.
- Setting and meeting or exceeding high standards for consistently reliable test “turn around” time and routinely maintaining the proficiency of testing program according to standards set by CAP.
- Familiarization with Florida Laboratory statutes and regulations for clinical laboratories throughout the United States. Including CAP, CLIA and various state requirements.
- Whenever new tests or procedures are implemented, provide proper documentation (SOP’s) that meet CAP standards
- When needed, represent the laboratory within and outside of the lab, presenting appropriate data and information, including CLIA and CAP inspections of the laboratory
- Be thoroughly familiar with all laboratory processes and procedures and, therefore, fully qualified to provide hands-on support when necessary.
- Provide proper documentation (SOP’s) for new technology, testing and/or procedures as well as update and maintain current SOPs that meet CAP standards
- Any other requirements or responsibilities as assigned by the Lab Director or President
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages employees in the Laboratory Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* B.S. in Medical Technology
* Five (5) years of experience supervising laboratory
* Clinical Laboratory Supervisor with license in appropriate specialty (serology and immunology)
Offering competitive compensation, complete benefits, and relocation assistance!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: