Full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant needed at a top behavioral health center in North Dakota!
Day/Evening shifts, 40hrs/wk, 7 days on/7 days off 12 hr shifts
The Nurse Practitioner collaborates with physicians, as necessary, to verify diagnosis, identify high-risk situations or alerts to changes in patient's status and takes appropriate action. Administers medication and performs procedures within the scope of practice. Provides patient/patient's family with appropriate education and follow-up care and/or referral to other health care resources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Obtains comprehensive medical histories, performs physical examinations/assessments and initiates admission orders as appropriate.
- Provides patient/patient’s family with appropriate education based on the patient’s condition and identifies needs in order to optimize understanding. Provides health maintenance and disease management counseling to patients.
- Provides medical management and/or other interventions for acute and chronic health problems.
- Implements a plan of care and performs procedures according to the Advanced Practitioner’s education, training, experience and competencies. Refers patient to specialists and/or therapists when appropriate and in a timely manner, ensuring continuity of care.
- Orders and interprets lab studies and diagnostic tests to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment as appropriate. Notifies patients promptly of test results. Collaborates with physicians, as necessary, to verify diagnosis, identify high-risk situations, or alerts to changes in patient’s status and takes appropriate action.
- Writes orders for prescription medication under the established protocol.
- Serves as a liaison and a resource for physician, health care team members, patients and families.
* Must be licensed to work as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in North Dakota.
* Basic Life Support (BLS). Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
* Prior experience in Behavioral Health / Psych.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: