Full-time Histology Technician or Technologist needed at a top laboratory on New York's Long Island!
Monday through Friday – early morning shift with flexibility on the start time (around 4/5am to 12:30/1:30pm)
Job Summary: Accountable for the sectioning and staining of tissue and slides for microscopic diagnosis while maintaining critical focus on quality.
- Cuts blocks/tissue performing all technical procedures required to prepare tissue and slides in a timely and accurate manner while maintaining the highest standard of quality in tissue embedding, cutting of blocks (microtomy), staining, special stains and immuno stains (immuno stains where applicable).
- Maintains laboratory equipment in proper working order to ensure consistent, high quality function.
- Monitors equipment functionality and provides timely reports on variables or degraded quality to laboratory management for prompt attention.
- Improves laboratory efficiencies by detecting and communicating technical and logistical problems to laboratory management for resolution.
- Disposes of hazardous chemical waste per regulatory guidelines (limited function – will be assigned to specific trained personnel).
- Supports with assistance the performance of other laboratory functions/tasks as needed to enhance operational flow.
- Keeps company integrity by maintaining security and confidentiality of all data, procedures and data system components.
Position requirements include:
* One year of laboratory experience required (Pathology or Academic)
* New York State Certified Clinical Laboratory Technician or Pathologist’s Assistant license required
* ASCP certified Histology Technician or Technologist highly preferred
Offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401-K, Company sponsored life insurance, identity theft protection, long term disability insurance, emergency travel protection and employee assistance program!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: