Full-Time Pathologist’s Administrative Assistant / Transcriptionist needed at a top laboratory in North Carolina!
Currently looking to hire a Path Admin in our Client Services / Transcription department. The hours are 8:30 a.m. until the work is completed. There will be OT. This position will work directly with the Pathologists, so accountability here is extremely high!
Position: Transcriptionist (Pathologist’s Administrative Assistant)
Schedule: 1st shift, Monday-Friday (may fluctuate depending on pathologist’s schedule)
- Accountable for optimizing the pathologist’s efficiency in the daily sign-out of dermatopathology cases.
- This function will entail performing a diverse group of activities, which in the Pathologist’s judgment, will allow him/her to devote more time to actual diagnostic decision making and less time in troubleshooting technical, demographic and/or logistical problems related to case material.
- Transcribes various coded text in a timely and accurate manner.
- Organizes paperwork and slides, while tracking any outstanding Histology cases.
- Notes special requests to ensure cases are signed out with all necessary information and tracks all hold over cases.
- Calls client offices to obtain missing or additional information essential to final diagnosis.
- Pulls previous slides as requested on cases for Pathologist to correlate diagnoses.
- Calls and faxes all Critical Value Diagnoses to clients.
- Completes special stain requests from various data sources.
- Assists with organizing training materials.
- Maintains Pathologist’s calendar and conference schedule organized with reminders and follow-ups as needed to keep pathologists on an efficient time track.
- Keeps Pathologists organized by handling meeting registrations, coordinating payment of fees/expense reimbursement, assisting with any required travel arrangements, updating subscriptions and memberships.
* Associate Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
* 3 years related experience preferred
* Communication/Customer Service skills – written & verbal
* Administrative and Organizational skills
* Analytical Ability
* PC Skills
* Team Participation skills
* Typing/Data Entry skills
* Initiative and Execution skills
* Time Management Skills
* Medical Terminology
* Customer Contact skills
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: