Full-time Research Administrator III needed at a top hospital in Boston!
This position will be primarily responsible for pre- and post-award administration, financial management of discretionary funds, and facilities management for a large division, department or units within an Institute or may serve as Research Administrator of a multi-disciplinary specialized research center or academic program. The RA may oversee large multi-site clinical studies with several subcontracts.
- Guides and facilitates faculty and staff in the development and preparation of research proposals, contracts, sub-contracts, and agreements, including budgets, documentation, and interpretation of funding requirements.
- Discusses and resolves administrative problems that arise; and directs the administrative planning for potential new sources of income.
- Negotiates budgets with research sponsors.
- May manage international research programs, serve on multi-disciplinary project teams submitting large research proposals, and/or oversee lecture series and other academic programs.
- Assists faculty with budget monitoring, prepares projections, often using highly confidential data.
- May contribute to sections of grants and publications, prepare reports and analyses for faculty, senior management and/or deans.
- May also have responsibility for or input to practice plan budgets or hospital budgets.
- May serve on hospital wide or campus wide committees to establish operating procedures and best practices.
- Responsible for fellowship appointments and visas for international staff and volunteers.
- May have managerial responsibilities, coordinating and overseeing the personnel and payroll issues of the research program/laboratories.
* Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in research administration and/or related activities.
* Requires extensive knowledge of program administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in an academic medical center or university environment.
* Experienced with all types of award mechanisms, including grants, contracts, subcontracts, cooperative agreements.
* Full facility with sponsor-specific policies, intellectual property policy, conflict of interest requirements, publication rights, application of indirect cost rates and other complex concepts in research administration.
* Ability to interpret and apply sponsor, institutional and departmental policies and interpret policy for others.
* Requires independent judgment, strong organization and communication skills, and customer service focus.
* Ability to prioritize and manage high volume and complex transactions in a fast-paced environment.
* Confidentiality and meticulous attention to detail is very important.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.