Assistant Plant Manager - RT
As an Assistant Plant Manager you will help to manage the facility and the people to produce pet food products as efficiently as possible while meeting all of our Animal Nutrition, corporate and government guidelines. This will include your involvement in setting performance standards, establishing budgets, managing costs, hiring and training, employee relations, promoting and maintaining a culture of safety, and implementation of all maintenance, production programs and customer service excellence.
In your first year as a member of the plant management team, you will participate in a personalized and comprehensive training program. You will learn production management practices including: inventory management, scheduling, quality control, service and cost management. You will be expected to learn the plant production roles, which may include performing some of the day to day activities.
You may supervise up to 30 employees and will be involved in the following areas: hiring, employee relations, engineering, maintenance, production programs, environmental affairs, planning and training.
• Coordinating the logistics for the shipping and receiving of pet food monthly.
• Lead a group of highly engaged employee's in such an environment.
• Participate in some production activities.
• Daily paperwork review.
• Manage daily production scheduling, inventories and cost management.
• Maintain a system that evaluates process improvement sheets and model reports for accuracy and changes in trends, and act on any adverse trends or lack of accuracy.
• Understand plant audits and results and respond to deficiencies including HACCP and SQF.
• Employees must be educated and trained to perform their jobs safely and to accept responsibility for their own safety performance.
• Maintain physical condition and appearance that reflect the standards of quality and service of our business and the character of our people professionally represents the brand image.
• Understand the plant flow and what restrictions or bottlenecks cost vs. the cost to remove those restrictions or bottlenecks.
• Maintain a system that sets standards on quality and customer service
• Utilize a tool (activity schedule) to help manage and execute the numerous requirements you are accountable for
40% - Leading people
20% - Program management
20% - Inventory and scheduling
10% - Leading the 5 musts of production (safety, quality, housekeeping, service and property conservation)
10% - Payroll/OT management and permitting
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
1. Do you have High School Diploma or equivalent experience?
2. Do you have 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment for extruded food or pet food products?
3. Do you have 1+ years of experience in a supervisory role - preferably in a manufacturing environment?
4. Do you have the ability to climb ladders?
5. Do you possess proficient computer skills – Microsoft office?
6. Do you have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds?
7. Salary Expectation?
8. Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
9. Complete Current Address?