Job Title: CNC Programmer
Location: Jacksonville, FL 32221
Duration: 06 months (Extendable)
• Experience using Feature based CAM Software to program up to 4-axis CNC turning centers (ZXYC) and 4-axis Machining Centers (ex: Solid CAM, Edge CAM, Feature CAM, Master CAM, Gibbs CAM, HSW works).
• Intermediate knowledge of 3D cad modeling software (Solid works, Inventor or alike) and modeling standards.
• Familiarity with Okuma turning and Machining Centers using OSP-P200 & P300 machine controls are strongly preferred.
• Ability to program ISO G-code or Okuma G-code formats manually at the machine is a plus.
• Experience with Mazak turning centers (2-axis) and Mazatrol Conversational programming Software is a plus.
• Experience with twin turret \ twin spindle Turning Centers is a plus.
• CNC programming contractor will provide technical support and lead continuous improvement of machining operations within component machining cell.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Ownership of all CNC machining improvements within component machining cell. Reduce program cycle times & improve tooling, set-ups, & changeovers to increase output from cell.
• Interface with Manufacturing Process Engineers & other departments to identify, root cause, & eliminate defects impacting first pass yield.
• Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, partner with hourly operators to eliminate safety concerns, reduce cycle time, and improve yield.
• Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution.
• Provide leadership in the development & improvement of internal engineering & manufacturing documentation such as work instructions or product routers.
• Communicate program & tooling changes broadly across all 3 production shifts to ensure hourly associates are aware of all changes.
• Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance
• Lead compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends, learning about quality issues and passing information to other technicians.
• Comply with EHS regulations and policies. Eliminate safety and ergonomic risks.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the Company Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Training: Aware of and comply with Company training requirements
• Knowledge and understanding of production process, work instructions, documentation configuration control, non-conforming & rework documentation requirements and operates within them to ensure that a device conforms to it’s specification.
• Aware of and comply with Stop Order, Concessions, ESD, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation, and Good Documentation Practices, as associated with this job type/position
• Associates degree, or a High School diploma and 5 years technical experience
• Proficiency to logically troubleshoot machined component defects, using identifiable problem-solving techniques
• Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
• Proficiency to understand and interpret conventional engineering drawings & written technical information.
• Strong GD&T skills & knowledge of standard machine shop practices.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
• Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
• Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
• 3-5 years of CNC programming &/or operating experience