Full-time Med/Surg Registered Nurse needed at a top facility in Virginia!
This position is for the night shift 7pm to 7am. This unit does telemetry. Requires BCLS. The community is a great fit for the person loving the great outdoors and enjoys the beauty of the mountains, rivers, lakes and streams. This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities for sporting events, the arts, and fine dining via the two interstates passing through the area. Experience "The Good Life" and enjoy work and life balance in southwest Virginia.
Under the direction of the nursing director or other supervisor, assumes responsibility for providing patient care for his/her specified department/shift, utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Works in collaboration with all other care disciplines to provide safe, efficient, and coordinated care for assigned patients. The RN/LPN must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients of all age groups, from pediatrics to geriatrics. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status. He/she must interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age and specific needs and to provide care in accordance with physician orders, the Joint Commission standards, OSHA regulations, nursing and departmental policies and procedures
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or eligibility to sit for exam.
* Prefer one year of experience working on a medical-surgical care unit/ telemetry unit.
* BCLS certification required within 30 days of initial employment.
* Prefer ACLS, PALS Certifications
* Ability to accept regular on-call assignments for regularly scheduled shifts when acuity and/or census indicates need. Will be available to report to facility within 60 minutes of notification. This status will be determined by Department Director, Supervisor, Clinical Team Lead/Charge Nurse or House Supervisor.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.