Full-time Lead Coder needed at a top facility in Virginia!
The community is a great fit for the person loving the great outdoors and enjoys the beauty of the mountains, rivers, lakes and streams. This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities for sporting events, the arts, and fine dining via the two interstates passing through the area!
Under the direction of the Health Information Management Director, the Lead coder assists with health information management coding functions including staffing, staff development, quality control, internal and external audits, appeals process and oversees the various edits to support billing processes. Accurately determines ICD-10-CM diagnosis, and ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS procedure codes for all patient types to include inpatient, observation, surgical day care, Emergency Department (ED), outpatient and recurring.
This position may work remotely from home.
1. Post high school specialty or vocational training with a specialization in courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, basic disease process, ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 or equivalent competency
2. Successful completion of a coding certificate program in a program with American Health Information Management Association approval status
3. Minimum of 5 years of acute hospital coding and abstracting experience required.
4. Supervisory and leadership experience preferred.
5. Experience and/or education in ICD-10 CM/ ICD-10 Procedural Coding System (PCS) coding required
6. Certification or licensure as Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or must obtain CCS credential within 2 years (required)
OR Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H)
And must obtain the CCS credential within 2 years of employment or have equivalent acute care coding and abstracting experience.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.