Full-time Cytotechnologist needed in Florida!
Join a top laboratory that specializes in molecular diagnostic testing services, primarily for Women’s health. Currently seeking a cytotechnologist to work out of our office in Florida’s Gulf Coast.
This position is Full-Time, and the individual selected will work with our Medical Director and growing team of pathologists and cytotechnologists to process and screen gynecological and non-gynecological specimens and provide an interpretation of the patient cases to the Supervisory Cytotechnologist and pathologists.
- Performs specialized and complex testing that involves microscopic screening and evaluation of gynecological and non-gynecological specimens; provides interpretations to the Supervisory cytotechnologist and pathologists
- Performs thorough and accurate microscopic evaluation of cellular samples using recognized criteria to make cytological interpretations
- Correlates findings with supervisory cytotechnologist and pathologists
- Accurately records all appropriate specimen and results data
- Performs fine need aspirations to prepare biopsies and assess cellular adequacy
- Assures individual specimen turnaround times are consistent with overall laboratory expectations
- Assures cytological activities and equipment are used and maintained safely and in accordance with laboratory procedures
- Appropriate established laboratory techniques are used in the preparation of quality slides from cytological samples
- Performs other similar or related duties as required or assigned
* Bachelors degree in related science
* ASCP Board Certification
* Experience with Thin-Prep Imaging System; Review Scope a plus
* Physical Demands: Physical, Mental and workplace Environment Conditions
Offering competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance, paid vacation & holiday.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!