Powertrain Controls Engineer – Intermediate
NO H1B or OPT Sponsorship is available for this position!
Our customer located in Auburn Hills, MI is seeking a Powertrain Controls Engineer – Intermediate.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience.
Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required, as well as a clean driving record.
Will be required to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%).
Candidates must be able to start preferably in 2 weeks, but a maximum of 3 weeks from acceptance date.
Participate in a team of engineers responsible for the development, integration, build, and test of software for control module for various control algorithm analysis, design, implementation, bench / dyno / vehicle testing. Perform failure mode analysis, diagnostic analysis, design, implementation and testing. Perform software requirements analysis, design, coding, test plan creation, and testing for Control Features. Perform reviews for Requirements, Design Documents, Simulink Models, C / C++ / Assembly code, and Test Plans. Create RTW / Target Link Models.
This key position modifies or creates production software-ready algorithms for the On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) which can be turned into software in operation on our Global Powertrain Electronic Control (GPEC). The successful candidate will have the ability to apply observer-based methodologies towards OBD algorithm design. They work in multi-disciplinary “Centers of Excellence (CoEs)” who are responsible for delivering embedded software for the GPEC ECU family. Provide status on changes to OBD algorithms and OBD issue resolution status to OBD Controls technical lead, a COE Leader, or Project Management Coordinators (PMCs). They will participate in high-level, function requirements and FMEA development for new diagnostic strategies with systems engineers. They will prepare preliminary calibrations for software and controls verification and validation. They will use Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) instrumentation or a vehicle to acquire data or other data sources to verify the new algorithms.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering is required from an accredited University.
• Proficient in Matlab / Simulink.
• Good understanding of the development of embedded software.
• Good understanding of gasoline engine combustion and principles of after-treatment.
• Automotive experience either at work or university, such as Formula SAE, SAE EcoCar, or other university automotive activity.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Good experience working in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Good project coordination skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of engineering work experience is preferred.
• 1 or more years of experience in creation and validation of On-Board Diagnostics algorithms is preferred.
• 1 or more years of experience using ETAS INCA Tool for collecting OBD2 data is preferred.
• Good understanding of application of OBD2 regulations to the creation and validation of diagnostics for new gasoline or diesel engines.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume in MICROSOFT WORD document format via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Powertrain Controls Engineer – Intermediate” in the subject line of your email.
We appreciate your interest in Technology Resource Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.