Powertrain Engine Calibration Engineer - Associate I
NO H1B or OPT Sponsorship is available for this position!
Our customer located in Chelsea, MI is seeking a Powertrain Engine OBD Calibration Engineer – Associate.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience.
Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required, as well as a clean driving record.
Will be required to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%).
Candidates must be able to start preferably in 2 weeks, but a maximum of 3 weeks from acceptance date.
• Perform calibration verification tasks and provide summarized testing results utilizing Powertrain development tools set, Excel, and/or Matlab scripts.
• On-road data collection in support of required development data population sets.
• Conduct verification testing to ensure diagnostic calibration and software meet functional objectives – this may be a combination of vehicle and HIL testing and is comprised of inducing and removing faults to ensure MIL illumination / MIL clearing is compliant and operates as expected.
• Procurement and evaluation of limit parts from hardware design organizations for robustness testing.
• Perform transmission adaptation learning, transmission fault clearing.
• Update development fleet of vehicles through various pre-production hardware and software upgrades.
• Utilize CDA tool and associated tools to complete vehicle scan reports of all modules.
• Coordinate vehicles through emission rolls testing including flashing engine and transmission controllers.
• Coordinate vehicle build-up and tear-down work orders.
• Coordinate instrumentation allocations.
• Support vehicle product launch at assembly plant as engine system representative.
• Support vehicle field issues on as needed basis to collect data on customer vehicles to determine problem resolution.
• BSME, BSMET, BSEE, BSEET, BSCS, BSCST, or equivalent from an ABET Accredited University.
• Understanding of engine and transmission fundamentals.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Minimum of 6 months of experience in Powertrain Systems Calibration Development, OBD calibration, or Transmission calibration.
• Minimum of 6 months of experience using ETAS / INCA tools, or equivalent data acquisition experience.
• Minimum 1 year of experience using MATLAB / SIMULINK in a controls environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume in MICROSOFT WORD document format via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Powertrain Engine Calibration Engineer - Associate I” in the subject line of your email.
We appreciate your interest in Technology Resource Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.