Powertrain Design Release Engineer
NO H1B or OPT Sponsorship is available for this position!
Our customer located in Auburn Hills, MI is seeking a Powertrain Design Release Engineer.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience.
Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required, as well as a clean driving record.
Will be required to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%). Some travel required to Supplier and Corporate Engine / Transmission / Vehicle Assembly Plants, including Canada and Mexico.
Candidates must be able to start preferably in 2 weeks, but a maximum of 3 weeks from acceptance date.
Design and develop Powertrain Components using established best practice principles. The components will be created using quality methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R). Candidate will coordinate CAE, design, prototyping, and testing of components and the documentation of those activities. Resolve manufacturing plant, assembly plant, and field issues as necessary. Participate in the team and subgroups in reviewing and updating corporate design best practices, conducting benchmarking exercises, and reviewing and critiquing Corporate Designs.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
• Entry-Level Engineer will be considered if a strong candidate, but prefer at least 1.5 years of experience on engine components with OEM and/or Tier Supplier. MUST HAVE minimum GPA of 3.0 verified with transcripts.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Powertrain / Engine / Transmission operation and components.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Must be able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to lead and manage Suppliers.
• Green Belt / Black Belt in Shainin or DFSS is desirable.
• CAE / CFD experience on Powertrain structure.
• Working knowledge of Casting and Injection Molding processes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume in MICROSOFT WORD document format via separate email to email@example.com and include “Powertrain Design Release Engineer” in the subject line of your email.
We appreciate your interest in Technology Resource Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.