Impact Test Engineer – Vehicle Crash
NO H1B or OPT Sponsorship is available for this position!
Our customer located in Chelsea, MI is seeking an Impact Test Engineer – Vehicle Crash.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience.
Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required, as well as a clean driving record.
Will be required to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%).
Candidates must be able to start preferably in 2 weeks, but a maximum of 3 weeks from acceptance date.
Position requires availability for 1st and/or 2nd shift, and weekends as needed.
Responsible for ensuring successful completion of full-size vehicle or pneumatic sled testing to regulations. Involves reviewing impact test regulations and test request provided by requestor, providing work instructions to Salaried Bargaining Unit technicians and mechanics, performing test to regulations, and post-test data validation. Will be involved with development and implementation of new test methods and/or equipment.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited or equivalent program
• 2 to 4 years of experience in an automotive test facility. Impact Simulator (Sled Testing) experience is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of automotive restraint systems (airbag, seat belts, etc.) and interior trim assembly (instrument panels, seats, door trim).
• Basic knowledge of LEAN principles and process improvement practices.
• Basic knowledge of standard problem solving techniques (8D, fishbone analysis, 5-Why, etc.).
• Familiarity with global test regulations (NHTSA, FMVSS, EuroNCAP, etc.) and third party test procedures (IIHS).
• Familiarity with Hypergraph Analytical Software.
• Exposure to working with or supervising a unionized workforce.
• Candidate must possess an ability to manage numerous, continuous improvement initiatives and engineering projects without disruption of day-to-day testing activities – all with minimal supervision.
• Effectively and efficiently operate precise data acquisition equipment and software, or demonstrate capabilities for mastering these systems in adequate time.
• High proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and/or Google Suite.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume in MICROSOFT WORD document format via separate email to email@example.com and include “Impact Test Engineer – Vehicle Crash” in the subject line of your email.
We appreciate your interest in Technology Resource Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.