Body – Systems and Cost Component Engineer
NO H1B or OPT Sponsorship is available for this position!
Our customer located in Auburn Hills, MI is seeking a Body - Systems and Cost Component Engineer.
The salary range for this position is dependent upon level of experience.
Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required, as well as a clean driving record.
Will be required to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%).
Candidates must be able to start preferably in 2 weeks, but a maximum of 3 weeks from acceptance date.
Responsible for establishing technical cost for assigned components throughout program life, including establishing piece cost and tooling investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement, and cost analysis for design changes. Working from process Bill of Materials (BOM), drawings and/or samples, develop technical cost and investment / tooling models for Body / Exterior components and systems using activity-based costing methodologies. Provides subject matter expertise to support engineering and purchasing organizations at working levels and to executive leadership. Analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity-based costing. Must understand elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities.
• Bachelor’s Degree with an Engineering concentration AND 3 years of experience with design, manufacturing, OR procurement of BIW components.
Journeyman or High School Diploma will be considered, but they MUST HAVE a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with design, manufacturing, or procurement of BIW components.
• Experience with stamping die processing or die design, including Progressive, Transfer, or Tandem.
• Experience with Tooling, Piece Price, or Bottom-Up Costing of BIW Stampings.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strong negotiation, leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized to manage many programs and cost details simultaneously.
• Would be happy with experience in one of the following:
o Developing investment cost.
o Designing and building dies.
o Bottom-up costing of stampings and/or assemblies.
o Setting cost targets (variable and tooling).
o Supporting Purchasing in placing business.
o Collaborating change notice cost deltas.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume in MICROSOFT WORD document format via separate email to email@example.com and include “Body – Systems and Cost Component Engineer” in the subject line of your email.
We appreciate your interest in Technology Resource Group. After careful review and consideration of your resume, we will contact you directly if we are interested in pursuing a further assessment.