• This is professional web development work to include the development, maintenance, and support of applications for the Department Internet/intranet sites.
• May perform general software package administration such as user and file administration, security maintenance, data replication, monitoring, tuning, and system recovery.
• May participate in the problem resolution process including researching and documenting support issues and their resolution.
• Must comply with and enforce software licensing agreements.
• May be required to have a working knowledge of data import/export, interfacing with other software packages and data manipulation tools from a variety of technology platforms.
• May perform complex analysis, design and programming to develop application systems or modules in a specialty software environment.
• Analyzes requirements and data structures to design systems. Develops system documentation.
• Must have a comprehensive knowledge of specialty software as defined by the host agency as well as a good general IT knowledge of LAN’s, PCs and operating systems.
• May be required to understand and be capable of developing and implementing new system objects or maintaining existing system objects like forms, views and agents.
• Performs testing of modifications and enhancements to ensure system integrity.
• Must provide mentoring to client agency support staff and end users. Must be able to work closely with other support personnel (network, router and system development) and end users.
Skills Required: Microsoft .Net, MVC, C#, MS SQL Server (T-SQL), Web Forms, VB, Windows Server 2012+, Microsoft Office, Windows 10. Professional job experience should at least include 2 out of 3 skills – MVC, SQL, .Net. – Academic knowledge or school projects will not be equivalent - must be related job experience.
Experience Required: Minimum 3 years of PROFESSIONAL work experience in web development. Full stack preferred.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, IT, or related. Experience may be substituted for degree (1 year per year of education).
• Full-time onsite work in Montgomery, AL is required. No remote work will be considered -Budget and contract will be revaluated towards the end of the contract (FY19).
• At this time the plan is to extend the contract -Goal is to transition this position to a merit position.
• Position does not offer Sponsorship -The resources to train the candidate are very minimal due to the agency being small so they are seeking candidates who can come in and hit the ground running with minimal training and be a self-starter.
• A 1+ hour long technical interview that includes a written code example will be required. Video interviews are not preferred for this position but will be consider for non-local