Aircraft Maintenance Engineers install, adjust, repair and overhaul aircraft instrument, electrical or avionics systems on aircraft. This unit group also includes avionics inspectors who inspect instrument, electrical and avionics systems following assembly, modification, repair or overhaul.
General Job Description:
Aircraft Maintenance Engineers safely and efficiently maintain fleets of aircraft and vehicles in good working order
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer perform some or all of the following duties:
• Exercise privileges of Aircraft Certification Authority.
• Accurate completion of required paperwork with respect to the aircraft in accordance with Airworthiness Certification Authority.
• Provide instruction and leadership for any mechanic or apprentice working within your maintenance activity.
• Designated Inspector in the absence of the Inspector.
• Other duties as requested by the Manager.
• Aircraft instrument mechanics and technicians repair and overhaul, install, calibrate and test aircraft instruments.
• Aircraft electrical mechanics and technicians repair and overhaul, modify, install and test aircraft electrical systems and equipment.
• Avionics mechanics and technicians troubleshoot, repair and overhaul, test, modify, install and inspect aircraft electronic systems and components including communications, navigation, and auto flight equipment.
• Avionics inspectors inspect and test aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics systems and ensure that the installation, maintenance, repair and overhaul of these systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety