A summary of responsibilities of this position are:
* Provide general administrative assistance for the department; schedule meetings, handle phone calls, walk-ins, emails, and other correspondence and inquiries.
* Assist with coordinating disability-related accommodations for University events including Admit Weekend, Multicultural Springfest, and Commencement Weekend.
* Coordinate event logistics for annual Multicultural Springfest celebration
* Update/edit department website.
To be successful in this position, the following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Experience supporting events.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to manage shifting priorities and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
* Strong writing and editing skills.
* Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
* Demonstrated ability in problem-solving, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other online documents, such as Google Docs.
Additional skills desired:
* Demonstrated experience using graphic design applications (i.e. Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and web content management system (Drupal).
* Experience using Stanford administrative systems (e.g. Oracle Financials)