Federal Income Tax Manager - Atlanta, Staff Financial Group
Our client is looking for a Federal Income Tax Manager to join their team. This is a very strong opportunity with a Public Company that offers a generous compensation package and benefits program, including a pension
Manages income tax planning and compliance for Corporation and subsidiaries.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that state and federal tax returns are consolidated, completed, and filed according to schedule; reviews for accuracy.
• Oversees the process of estimating taxable income for calculating current and deferred tax liabilities; reviews calculations performed by staff.
• Assists in calculating the effective tax rate for financial reporting purposes.
• Drafts footnote disclosures for annual report.
• Develops strategies and tactics for tax planning; coordinates implementation with internal and external departments.
• Coordinates with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state tax authorities on audit activities; gathers information; answers auditor questions.
• Assists in evaluating the structure of mergers & acquisitions and other major business transactions; provides tax implications and potential impacts on the business.
• Researches tax questions for internal departments; participates on special projects; assists in analyzing transactions and drafting policies with regard to tax implications.
• Analyzes work processes; makes recommendations to improve work flow within the tax department.
• Reviews and approves general ledger income tax reconciliations.
• Manages staff selection, development, and retention. Establishes and monitors work goals and objectives. Coaches staff, provides feedback, and evaluates performance.
• Follows organizational policies and procedures and ensures staff is in compliance.
-BA degree in Accounting /CPA, Masters in Taxation,
-7+years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
-Prior experience in Corporate, S-Corp. and/or Partnership returns.
-Superior analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
-Outstanding experience in staff and tax management in an integrated client service team.
-Computer knowledge to include use of Excel/ MS Office, tax software and technology systems.