Teach English in China
This is the opportunities for native English speakers to spend a year in China helping to develop the knowledge of local university students while gaining an insight to a different culture. This is a life enhancing opportunity.
Shangluo University is located in City of Shangluo, Province of Shaanxi, China and supervised by Ministry of Higher Education. It has 3 campuses, 11 faculties and accommodates 10,000 undergraduates. The City of Shangluo is in the southeast of the Province, 110 kilometers away from the provincial capital Xi'an, home of Terra Cotta warriors. The Yangtze River and Yellow River, two most well-known rivers in East Asia, run across this region. Shangluo has long history traced back to 5,000 years ago and is certainly full of culture. The climate here is mild with four distinct seasons. Local people also enjoy very convenient public transport.
This role requires:
· Base Qualification: bachelor degree;
· Preferred subjects: English, Biology, Chemistry, Materials, Nursing, Food science, Engineering management, Architecture, Electrical engineering, Electronics, Physics, Business administration, Computer science;
· A TEFL certification (100+ hours) is required if you are a fresh graduate.
· A clear national Criminal Background Check
· A clean bill of health from your doctor in your home country. You may also be required to do a second health check in China
· The salary is around 10,000RMB per month. Initial contract is 1 year. The Employer will apply work permit for qualified candidates and provide assistance to get working visa(Z-visa) from Chinese embassy.
The main responsibilities:
· Help your students understand the course in English, speak it and be able to write and read it.
· Developing lesson plans in English in line with the University Curriculum.
· Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
· Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students
· Enough skills on writing on blackboards.
· Responsible for the safety of students during your lessons.
· Evaluating students’class work and assignments.
· Recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
· Managing and maintaining discipline in the classroom.
· Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
· Arranging any extra curricular activities and set targets for students.
The two most important things are:
· You must be able to work with people from Chinese cultural backgrounds.
· Use creativity and imagination in your classes.
The rewards include :
· free accommodating (one bedroom flat with a bedroom, a living room, a study room, a kitchen and a toilet)
· free return economy flight ticket
· 2,000.00RMB subsidiary for holiday
· 200RMB subsidiary per month for food.
Please note: exchange rate GBP/RMB= 8.8:1.
The contract is on a 12-month rolling basis if the candidate is qualified after the initial year.
If you are interested, please send your CV with a covering letter to Mr. Ho Liang:
For more information also contact Mr. Ho Liang:
Telephone number: +86 188 1011 1017