Position Title Heavy Highway / Environmental Construction Superintendent – NY #3796
Location Wilton New York
This position involves supervision and oversight of environmental construction projects and will require the applicant to manage project budgets and schedules.
Responsibilities Will Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Coordinate foreman and crews to ensure adequate staffing of jobs
• Lead field operations to ensure safety, quality & productivity.
• Monitor and improve crew productions and understand goals.
• Meet with foremen and crews to plan daily schedules and effectively communicate goals of project with foremen.
• Communicate with owners, agencies and inspectors.
• Work with union BA's / Stewards to hire labor force and understand labor and union agreements.
• Oversee compliance with all safety policies and OSHA regulations.
• Manage day to day operations of job site including material procurement, equipment use and laborer over site.
• Monitor and ensure site safety controls and develop SSHASP in collaboration with safety department.
• Attend meetings and provide technical assistance
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or in Construction Management preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a heavy civil/environmental construction field required.
• A minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience
• Ability to adapt to and learn a variety of computer applications.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others and as a team.
• Ability to interpret blueprints and analyze job costs.
• Able to complete required duties in a fast-paced environment and within stated deadlines.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must possess a clean valid driver’s license.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
• Position may require travel
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or in Construction Management preferred.
2. 10+ years of experience in a heavy highway / environmental construction.
3. 3-5 years supervisory experience.