Broadway Electric, Inc. integrates the elements of quality, experience, and capability to efficiently and effectively accomplish intricate telecommunications, electrical, and security installations. Due to the competitive nature of the construction field, we find the best alternatives for excellence in workmanship at a cost competitive price.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
• We've been experiencing 20% growth for the past several years.
• We have an outstanding reputation in the industry.
• Our benefit package is outstanding!
Summary of the Role
Broadway Electric, Inc. is looking for a Construction Project Engineer. The ideal candidate must be familiar with Chicago area electrical construction projects that involve coordination with multiple trades.You will help schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from project award to completion.
Construction Project Engineer Responsibilities High Level
• Preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned electrical tasks (front end pre-construction activities, as well as contract execution items such as submittals, RFIs, change orders, etc.)
• Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
• Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and representing them in the field
• Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned tasks (will work on material/subcontractor buyouts/purchasing, submittals, drafting RFIs, tracking orders, billings, invoices, monitor/control/manage issues)
• Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
• Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
• Perform overall quality control of the work (schedule, planning) and report regularly on project status
• Performed assigned responsibilities and communicate with project team
• Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
• Review project deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
• Proven working experience as a project engineer (prefer Chicago market)
• Excellent knowledge of design/install of electrical systems
• Ability to work software such as Contract Manager, Revit, Primavera, and Accubid
• Advanced MS Office skills
• Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
• Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
• Project management and supervision skills
• Decision making ability and leadership skills
• Time management and organization skills
• BS degree in Construction or similar is preferred
"An Employee-Owned Company"
We offer a competitive salary package, health insurance, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid business expenses, monthly cell phone allowance.