• Support and build Intranet/Extranet sites for each department on SharePoint online and manage SharePoint upgrade, security, records center, SharePoint PowerShell, content types and the overall SharePoint infrastructure.
• Configure and develop applications, custom processes, functionality, reports, queries, interfaces, and system integration in support of business needs.
• Ensure data integrity within systems owned. Understand data relationships, resolve data and interface issues.
• Provide assistance with documents necessary to procure required systems, licenses, maintenance, and support. Ensure any renewals are completed before expiration and Capital Metro is in compliance with any vendor licensing requirements.
• Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours IT support.
• Partner with stakeholders to undertake full IT ownership of the systems and projects assigned and become proficient in the technical and functional aspects of these systems.
• Provide technical support and leadership assistance on projects. Successfully assist in tasks or projects as assigned. Provide leadership assistance in working with technology vendors and implementation partners to implement technical solutions.
• Provide periodic reports to management.
• Develop and ensure updates to technical and/or user documentation. Train users on systems and processes. Lead in efforts to encourage system use and adoption with the business areas. Act as an advocate and advisor for the application of technology solutions to the agency.
• Provide support and assist in leadership in proactively setting up and managing systems in excellent working condition through implementation and monitoring of alerts, regular maintenance activities, performance tuning, software updates and patches. Provide leadership in working with internal IT teams and technology vendors to ensure all systems are available and secure on a 24/7 basis.
• Support and assist in leading efforts in system security by ensuring compliance to security standards and policies, monitoring access privileges, conducting risk assessments, investigation of suspicious activities, and remediation of identified security threats or risks.
• Document test cases and perform comprehensive testing during implementation and upgrades.
• Support and assist in leading the planning and undertaking of periodic risk analysis of systems and mitigate risks wherever possible. Lead in the planning and testing of disaster recovery. Support and assist in leading implementing, monitoring and verifying backups. Lead resolving issues.
• Follow change management and change control processes to plan and deploy system changes. Perform change-impact analysis. Communicate changes to stakeholders and IT.
• Research, develop and implement IT standards and best practice policies or procedures.
• Support Capital Metro’s safety culture by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned in support of the Capital Metro Strategic Goals and the IT Vision, Mission, and Objectives aligned to these goals.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Additional related experience may substitute for degree on a year for year basis up to four (4) years.
• Four (4) years of experience in Information Technology or related field.
• Experience working on and supporting multiple projects related to commercial off-the-shelf applications or custom-built systems.
• Experience in troubleshooting technical problems.
• Experience with direct end user support in a customer service role.
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online
• An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics consistent with the required qualifications for (8) eight years total required education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Skill in development and configuration of current versions of Dynamics CRM, SharePoint Online, SQL Server Database preferred.
• Excellent organization abilities, analytical skills and communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Be self-motivated and seek opportunities for continuous improvement of IT skills and processes. Be a catalyst and a willing participant of organizational changes.
• Ability to work in a team environment in a matrix organization, partnering well with employees, management, users, business areas, vendors, contractors and undertake duties and tasks as assigned without close supervision
• Ability to be a positive and constructive contributor in a team-based environment
• Knowledge of Information System Implementation Lifecycle desired.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and diverse groups of people and activities simultaneously
• Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Demonstrated dedication to customer service.
The key criteria that we are looking for in the candidate are skills in:
1. SharePoint Online including Team Sites, Records Center, Content Types, Taxonomy, PowerShell scripting.
2. Ability to manage & administer QuickBooks Point of Sale and other SaaS systems e.g. RiskMaster and B2GNow